Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Install wont start
Fresk Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Install wont start

Hi, today I bought a retail copy of Penumbra: Overture, but when I try to install it the installer just wont start.
All that happens is this, i put the disk into the computer, it start making sounds etc, and when i look at the disk-reader in "My computer" it shows Penumbra Ep1 as being inside the disk-reader.

Then when i double-click the Penumbra ep1 thingy, a window pops up with three options, Start (which is grey because it aint installed yet), Install, and Exit.

If i press Install i hear how the disk starts spinning faster and the computer starts loading, but nothing happens, and if i click anything else in that Start-Install-Exit-window the window goes grey.
If i leave it like that for a few minutes i get a note saying "Run-time error '5'".

Now what am I doing wrong? =(

Computer specs:

Windows Vista 32-bit
Gforce 8800 GTS
3.2 GB RAM
2.4 GHZ Quad-core intel processor
303 GB free Harddrive-space

I've tried restarting the computer several times, I tried installing after having closed my anti-virus and I can't see any processes that could be interferring with Penumbra :S
02-09-2008, 05:04 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Install wont start

Start the game directly from the CD. Right click on the CD drive and choose "explore" and then ren the install exe file (not sure of the exact name).

EDIT: Just saw you have Vista and not sure if the above way works to explore the CD. However, the main thing is that you must run the install file directly.
02-09-2008, 05:25 PM
Find
Fresk Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Install wont start

thank you thank you thank you, I got it to work Big Grin Big Grin !
02-10-2008, 12:02 AM
Find