Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia stopped working
Nox Penumbra Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago Amnesia stopped working

Hello just got a little problem happening; ok not little, the launcher doesn't even come up or start.

I had just put in a custom story to see how it worked in game, after everything was in place I close the windows and double clicked the desktop shortcut.....nothing, double clicked again and again nothing.

I went into the redist folder and try to start the application from there and gave me a pop up saying "Failed to load Config File!", looked around and saw that the main_settings file wasn't there so I moved the file from my backups to the redist folder, still got that pop up.

Searched for anything about "amnesia won't load Config" or "amnesia stopped working" one said that the Config file may be corrupt or something and could be fixed by deleting it, restarting the computer and launching the game; did that, the launcher still did not start and I still got a "Failed to load Config" pop up.

So I completely uninstalled Amnesia (except my back-ups), wiped the redist folder, and the virtual store.
Now I have it re-installed and it's doing the same thing, launcher doesn't start, that pop up still happens when going through the redist.
I do not currently have the Justine update.
I plan to re-install it soon to see if maybe that helps; and if it makes a difference, I have the retail copy of Amnesia not a steam or download copy.

*Update* Re-installing the Justine 1.2 update did not help at all, neither does trying to run Amnesia as Administrator.
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2012, 01:37 AM by Nox Penumbra.)
05-22-2012, 10:56 PM
Find
Nox Penumbra Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago RE: Amnesia stopped working

I guess no one knows what the problem is so far.

I will keep trying to fix the problem and try and figure out the cause.

*ok, not sure how but I got it to work again after un-installing and re-installing.
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2012, 01:37 AM by Nox Penumbra.)
05-24-2012, 05:20 AM
Find