Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huge disappointment
murasame Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago Huge disappointment

I've just bought the frictionnal games full pack (overture >> amnesia) just to find out there is no localization for overture (I haven't tried the rest of the series includind amnesia).

This is a big disappointment as I did not understand there was no translation when I checked out.

Any of you know what to do ? Has a (unofficial) patch been released ?

I am sorry to say this but I feel ripped off as the game isn't playable as is.

Thanks to translators I am able to post this but I actually can neither read nor understand any English.

I am not happy. The game looked great but I can't play it.
05-27-2012, 05:08 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago RE: Huge disappointment

You feel ripped off? How could you possibly feel ripped off, the game states NOWHERE that it has translations.
It's entierly up to you to find that stuff out before buying a product.
Further on, there might be unofficial translation mods arounds, HOWEVER, you forgot to mention what languages you do speak, which would probably be a good idea.
05-27-2012, 06:53 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

It is clearly written that Penumbra is English only and Amnesia supports English, French, German, Italian, Spanish

Research before you buy, think before you talk because ripped of is quite an expression!Angry
(This post was last modified: 05-27-2012, 07:15 PM by plutomaniac.)
05-27-2012, 07:13 PM
Find
murasame Offline

(05-27-2012, 07:13 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: It is clearly written that Penumbra is English only and Amnesia supports English, French, German, Italian, Spanish

Research before you buy, think before you talk because ripped of is quite an expression!Angry
I was offered to buy the penumbra series while checking out for Amnesia. I assumed the game had multi-language support, as Amnesia has, hence my mistake.

I have not had any time to search the web for language mods (my language is French) but I can tell you that it is written nowhere on the check-out page that the Penumbra series is in English only.

At this point of the check-out process, I could only assume all games where in French as I was asked which my language was as I bought Amnesia.

Mind you, this is my own right to feel "ripped-off" (as it was translated) : In French it was, "je me suis fait avoir" which would translate litterally as "I've been had".

Now let's see if I can find mods for my language.

You probably don't get my point as the google translation may not be that accurate. I don't blame no one but me, but I DO condone such commercial practices :

I buy one game in French, I check out, I am offered an extra bundle for a good deal, I buy it, and I find out it's not in my native language.

You are right. One should always inquire prior to buy anything. Nevertheless, my point is that if you walk into a library asking for a book in French, you don't expect to be offered as a good deal anything else than books in your own language.

Got it ?
05-28-2012, 02:14 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

But even in this page it is clearly stated:

[Image: 72644618.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2012, 04:42 PM by plutomaniac.)
05-28-2012, 04:39 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

I'm swedish, the game is made in sweden. There's no swedish verision of the game.
Do I feel ripped off, not at all. I read the page with the information and I got exactly what I paid for.
05-28-2012, 05:34 PM
Find
murasame Offline

(05-28-2012, 05:34 PM)Traggey Wrote: I'm swedish, the game is made in sweden. There's no swedish verision of the game.
Do I feel ripped off, not at all. I read the page with the information and I got exactly what I paid for.
Then let's say I love to complain. You can't make a point by just telling me what you did. Poor Swedish people who accept such a situation... Not even thinkable in France.

I think you guys overreacted.

Fine. I missed a line but then again I'm not a native English speaker. And frankly, there is just no point to do such offering when my first wish was to buy a game in French.

Sure, nobody put a trigger on my head. Sure, I should have paid more attention to this very line where the language is mentions. Sure, you all live in such a wonderful world... Great on you guys !

Cheers

Now it's my own right to express my feelings in the very way I feel (be it right or wrong). I have been neither vulgar nor obcene or whatsoever.

Rude ? To whom ? Rude to some commercial practises ? You got all so carried away... Keep on living on this system and let me be.

Thank you.
05-28-2012, 10:03 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

When did we ever call you rude? You have the rights to feel whatever you feel, however the fault is all on you. If you have problems with reading things in english you should probably not use online shops which are written in english, because you'll have issues reading'em.
I'm closing this thread.
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2012, 10:58 PM by Traggey.)
05-28-2012, 10:57 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Alright, enough then. As for your question: no there is no French translation mod. But Amnesia has one.
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2012, 11:38 PM by plutomaniac.)
05-28-2012, 11:38 PM
Find