Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Games set in Greenland?
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 87
Games set in Greenland?

I am looking for some games that are set in Greenland. Since reading the wiki on Penumbra and learning that is where the events of Penumbra take place I became more interested in Greenland itself. So any games that you know of that are based in Greenland?

05-27-2012, 07:40 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Games set in Greenland?

I don't know about Greenland specifically but because you probably mean the frozen wasteland Greenland and not near Nuuk then you probably just want games set in the North Pole. Cryostasis is and it's a pretty sweet game (though terribly optimized, you will probably have problems). I don't recall any other games at the moment apart from The Thing which I haven't played but I've watched Spoony's review of it countless times and it looks pretty bad.
05-27-2012, 10:13 PM
Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 87

^I actually own Cryostasis I have no idea why people say it is so glitchy... the games graphics are nice and the game play is smooth.

05-29-2012, 01:36 AM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(05-29-2012, 01:36 AM)darkely Wrote: ^I actually own Cryostasis I have no idea why people say it is so glitchy... the games graphics are nice and the game play is smooth.
It's not really glitchy per se it's just that it's optimized to run on one system core only which is blasphemous nowadays, and makes the game lag on basically everybody's computer. It doesn't matter if you have a sweet quad core processor, it only uses one of the cores and there is no patch to remedy this.
05-29-2012, 01:46 PM
Find