Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Story Quest Problem!
CrazyKilla Offline

Threads: 6
Wink  Custom Story Quest Problem!

Hello, This is CrazyKilla

I have been having a problem while making a new custom story, i made a interactcallback on a locked door, when you interact with the door, it adds a momento (Quest), but the only problem is, when i press M or go to journal and then momentos, all it comes up with is this:[Image: quest.png]

Note: There is nothing wrong with my extra_english.lang file, as all the notes and the discription works, help please!
05-29-2012, 02:33 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Custom Story Quest Problem!

We can't help you unless you provide the script that adds the quest and the contents of the extra_english.lang file.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
05-29-2012, 02:42 PM
Website Find
CrazyKilla Offline

(05-29-2012, 02:42 PM)Your Computer Wrote: We can't help you unless you provide the script that adds the quest and the contents of the extra_english.lang file.

Here you Go:

<LANGUAGE>
<CATEGORY Name="CustomStoryMain">
<Entry Name="Description">
This is just the beginning...
</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
<CATEGORY Name="Journal">
<Entry Name="Note_sanitypotion_Name">
Nightmares
</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_sanitypotion_Text">
Finally... Me and the other guards have been having terrifing nightmares, we cannot sleep, the screaming, the shouting, the blood and the darkness, all driving us mad, we cannot go on like this, our commander has been kind enough to get us some medicine to ease the fear, it seems to work, one of the guards took a large dose of medicine and went out of it, spinning, luaghing, screaming, and then... smashing his head right against the wall before we could do anything, if your reading this, i wouldn't take too large doses, and rather than taking this medicine, stay out of this place, one of the guards saw something walking out of the dungeon, we haven't seen him since...
</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_prisoners_Name">
The Prisoners
</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_prisoners_Text">
These prisoners are driving me crazy, the screaming, the shouting and crying, i just can't take it anymore, i've been seeing things, so have the guards, some went after that "Monster" and we havent seen them since, i have brought the guards some medicine to ease the pain of fear, i have tooken a few doses of it and i feel much better, i can finally sleep.
</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_mission_Name">
Note To Prisoner
</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_mission_Text">
Read very carefully, you have been here for a month, i don't know if you will ever wake up, but i know that you are alive, i checked you and you have a pulse, but you don't respond to anything, you have not moved for days, i have tried to break you out once the guards have escaped, but something is after me, and i think it is after you too, you must know this... Run, run as fast as you can, you must get out of the castle before "IT" finds you, i will be staying in the village of Deadwater, it is just south of here, i have left behind resources for you that will help you escape, i wont waste anymore of your time by writing this, when you get out of your cell, turn left, and at the very end of the corridor you shall find a door on your right, it will lead you straight outside...
</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_die_Name">
Death Awaits...
</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_die_Text">
There is no Escape, No running, You will die...
</Entry>
<Entry Name="Quest_WayOut_Text">Both Exits are out of the Question, i need to find another way out, if there is one...</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
<CATEGORY Name="Inventory">
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_key_cell">A rusty key with blood on it.</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemName_key_cell">Rusty Key</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_key_exit">A odd looking key, .</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemName_key_exit">Old Key</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
<CATEGORY Name="Levels">
<Entry Name="Level_door1">West Dungeon Exit</Entry>
<Entry Name="Level_door2">West Dungeon</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
</LANGUAGE>
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2012, 07:56 PM by CrazyKilla.)
05-29-2012, 07:54 PM
Find
Datguy5 Offline

Threads: 25

The quest needs a own category.

05-29-2012, 08:10 PM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

(05-29-2012, 08:10 PM)Datguy5 Wrote: The quest needs a own category.
False, it can fit comfortably in the Journal category. The error is a spelling mistake by OP somewhere. I can assure the entry name and what he has in his actual script are different. But seeing how he didn't link his script, we will never know! My first guess would be a capitalization error on his part.

I rate it 3 memes.
05-29-2012, 08:40 PM
Find
CrazyKilla Offline

(05-29-2012, 08:40 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote:

False, it can fit comfortably in the Journal category. The error is a spelling mistake by OP somewhere. I can assure the entry name and what he has in his actual script are different. But seeing how he didn't link his script, we will never know! My first guess would be a capitalization error on his part.

alright guys im so stupid, i just realised the problem when i was trying to copy out my hps and extra_english to show theres no problems, but i found the problem, look:

void AddBadQuest(string &in asEntity)
{
AddQuest("BadQuest1", "bg_notes");
}
i saw a tutorial on adding quests and now i corrected it, i pritey much copied and pasted a "void AddDiary" instead of copying and pasting "void AddQuest"
05-30-2012, 09:39 AM
Find
Datguy5 Offline

Threads: 25

(05-29-2012, 08:40 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote:
Whoops my bad D: Sorry for false information.

05-30-2012, 10:19 AM
Find
Stepper321 Offline

Threads: 26

Errr.
<Entry Name="Quest_bg_notes_Text">Both Exits are out of the Question, i need to find another way out, if there is one...</Entry>

You got the wrong name.

Signature to awesome to be displayed.
05-30-2012, 06:25 PM
Find