Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
.Lang File Help ERROR in .LANG file! (And Crowbar)
Marshall2906 Offline

Threads: 1
Sad  ERROR in .LANG file! (And Crowbar)

Theres something in my .Lang file which isnt working in my map. It was working yesterday, then when i came back on today, every key just said 'Picked up' and there is no description. Plus my crowbar doesnt open my door, but it only does this when the keys dont show there name/description...

One thing i definately know is that it is the .Lang file which is causing the problem as the keys open the doors, but there is no name or description of the key.

I have included my .Lang file below so that you can see what is wrong with it. Thanks

Attached Files
.txt   extra_english.txt (Size: 931 bytes / Downloads: 107)
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2012, 11:39 PM by Marshall2906.)
05-29-2012, 10:56 PM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6
RE: ERROR in .LANG file! (And Crowbar)

I can already tell from the attached file that it is named incorrectly, it should be "extra_english.lang" but that one says "extra_english.txt". If that's just from uploading it to the site, I withdraw my comment.

Also, you have 3 categories names "Inventory". You only need 1 category for inventory, then you can put as many entries in it as you'd like.

I rate it 3 memes.
05-29-2012, 11:42 PM
Find
Marshall2906 Offline

(05-29-2012, 11:42 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote: I can already tell from the attached file that it is named incorrectly, it should be "extra_english.lang" but that one says "extra_english.txt". If that's just from uploading it to the site, I withdraw my comment.

Also, you have 3 categories names "Inventory". You only need 1 category for inventory, then you can put as many entries in it as you'd like.
It wouldnt let me upload the .Lang file so i copied it and changed it to .txt. And that shouldn't be the case as it worked fine before...Sad
05-29-2012, 11:45 PM
Find
willochill Offline

Threads: 27

First of all, he's right, you don't need three Inventory categories, just make it one.
Second, the last line is <LANGUAGE>, and it should be </LANGUAGE>.
05-30-2012, 12:53 AM
Find
Marshall2906 Offline

OMG thank you so much, both you, but Willochill it was that stupid '/' in my <LANGUAGE> that did it Tongue thank you guys Smile
05-30-2012, 11:45 AM
Find