Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New item help
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83
Question  New item help

I'm working on an exciting story, but I'm including an item from Penumbra into Amnesia. Now this item can be in your inventory. I already have the object and its texture (as both are visible in the level editor). My problem is this: all items that can be in the inventory has a its own image file, so how do I add its inventory image to Amnesia?

Now I wish to keep the identity of this Penumbra object a secret, so let's call it PO (for Penumbra Object).
05-30-2012, 09:59 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: New item help

Firstly, you need to make a 60x60px image for the inventory. I usually open the model in ModelView, get a good angle, and pick a contrasting background color. Turn off SSAO, Ambient Light, Bloom, and the floor as well. It should be a simple shape floating in a space. Hit "Prt Sc" on your keyboard, open an image editing software, and paste it in. Crop it so only the "PO" is in the space. Add an alpha channel, resize to 60x60 Pixels, and save as a targa (.tga). Save it in the same folder as the PO to keep organized. Then:

1) Open the ModelEditor and import the "P.O."
2) Edit > User Defined Variables
3) Type:: Item ...... SubType:Tongueuzzle
4) Scroll to the bottom, give it a name that will be given in the extra_english.lang
5) Under it, locate the image you made.
6) Add a body around the mesh, attach it and tweak the body's variables as necessary and save.
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2012, 10:20 PM by Statyk.)
05-30-2012, 10:20 PM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(05-30-2012, 10:20 PM)Statyk Wrote: Firstly, you need to make a 60x60px image for the inventory. I usually open the model in ModelView, get a good angle, and pick a contrasting background color. Turn off SSAO, Ambient Light, Bloom, and the floor as well. It should be a simple shape floating in a space. Hit "Prt Sc" on your keyboard, open an image editing software, and paste it in. Crop it so only the "PO" is in the space. Add an alpha channel, resize to 60x60 Pixels, and save as a targa (.tga). Save it in the same folder as the PO to keep organized. Then:

1) Open the ModelEditor and import the "P.O."
2) Edit > User Defined Variables
3) Type:: Item ...... SubType:Tongueuzzle
4) Scroll to the bottom, give it a name that will be given in the extra_english.lang
5) Under it, locate the image you made.
6) Add a body around the mesh, attach it and tweak the body's variables as necessary and save.
It worked! Thank you very much Big Grin Big Grin Exclamation. Thanks to your help, I can now have a new inventory item whenever I need one Smile. Thank you again.
05-30-2012, 10:46 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

No problem =] If you have any other questions, don't be afraid to PM me before making a thread. I may be able to solve it for you
05-30-2012, 10:50 PM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(05-30-2012, 10:50 PM)Statyk Wrote: No problem =] If you have any other questions, don't be afraid to PM me before making a thread. I may be able to solve it for you
Will do. Thanks again pal.
05-31-2012, 12:24 AM
Find