Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 23 Vote(s) - 4.48 Average
Amnesia: The Great Work - FULL RELEASE
Damascus Offline

Threads: 118
RE: Amnesia: The Great Work - FULL RELEASE

Another heads up! I've added a few more video links on the front page.

02-23-2013, 09:46 PM
Find
HarshlyCritical Offline

Threads: 2

Hey, I have a question. Tongue It might not have anything to do with your custom story, but rather a bug on my end, but I'm getting some strange graphical texture problems.

I just got to Chapter 5, when I see... well, just check out the attached screenshot. I'm not sure how to fix it, any ideas?

By the way, incredible CS. I'm really enjoying it so far.

EDIT: Never mind, fixed the problem - just had to update graphics card drivers. Still a funny screenshot though. haha

Attached Files
.jpg   greatworktextures.jpg (Size: 285.45 KB / Downloads: 150)
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2013, 01:10 AM by HarshlyCritical.)
03-14-2013, 12:40 AM
Find
Dan479 Offline

Threads: 0
Sad  RE: Amnesia: The Great Work - FULL RELEASE

I want to play this custom story so much, it seems so good!
Though, the moddb download link says there are no mirrors available, is this a temporary issue or something that needs to be fixed?
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2013, 09:37 PM by Dan479.)
03-16-2013, 09:37 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

Out of nowhere PC-gamer decides to feuture your mod on their website : http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/03/17/mod-of...reat-work/

A bit misleading name though as the great work did not come out this week though.
03-17-2013, 11:38 AM
Find
Dan479 Offline

Gawd damnable it. Still no mirrors, it says. Angry
03-17-2013, 07:09 PM
Find
Tommyboypsp Offline

Threads: 10

You can just download it from the Modbb page, I don't know what you're doing if it says you can't download it?
You're probably on the wrong page, just click the link in the OP.

Funderbunk Wrote:Playing Amnesia through to the end has increased the size of my genitalia exponentially and made me into a real man.
03-17-2013, 11:23 PM
Find
Ossie Offline

Threads: 8

What a superb custom story this is - absolutely tremendous work. Major kudos to everyone involved in this.

Just been watching an LP by HarshlyCritical on youTube and he stumbled across a weird (and strangely unsettling!) bug. Take a look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgHApZ43Zvo

and go to 5:25 where you'll start to HEAR the problem, then a few seconds later you'll see it. At least, I assume that's a bug and not some intentional poltergeist activity. Wink

Well done though, really brilliant work (and I'm not easily pleased when it comes to custom stories).
03-17-2013, 11:36 PM
Find
Alex Ros Offline

Threads: 46

As far as I am only at the beginning of the Chapter 6 I would not write anything... later. When I will walkthrough the whole game I will write a real review. Yes, I am writing exactly what I am writing "a review on a game", because it's not Custom Story, it's a fully self contained game... anyway, later, when I got finished.

Now I just wanted to show you a part of log file which might be interesting to you. I catched some crashes in the Cave map and... here you go...

Quote:-------- Loading complete ---------
WARNING: Could not find player start node ''
ERROR: StartPos '' does not exist!
ERROR: Could not open binary file 'C:/Program Files/Frictional Games/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/entities/critter/spider/animations/idle.anm'
ERROR: Could not load file 'C:/Program Files/Frictional Games/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/entities/critter/spider/animations/idle.anm' in MSH loader.Cache out of date! Reloading collada file 'C:/Program Files/Frictional Games/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/entities/critter/spider/animations/idle.dae'
ERROR: Could not open binary file 'C:/Program Files/Frictional Games/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/entities/critter/spider/animations/walk.anm'
ERROR: Could not load file 'C:/Program Files/Frictional Games/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/entities/critter/spider/animations/walk.anm' in MSH loader.Cache out of date! Reloading collada file 'C:/Program Files/Frictional Games/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/entities/critter/spider/animations/walk.dae'
ERROR: Could not open binary file 'C:/Program Files/Frictional Games/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/entities/critter/spider/animations/attack.anm'
ERROR: Could not load file 'C:/Program Files/Frictional Games/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/entities/critter/spider/animations/attack.anm' in MSH loader.Cache out of date! Reloading collada file 'C:/Program Files/Frictional Games/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/entities/critter/spider/animations/attack.dae'
ERROR: Could not load prop with id 1864
-------- END LOAD ---------
-------- Loading map '28_entryway.map' ---------

And to make it clear, yes, I've been crashing on meeting spiders. In particular near a hole in the cave-floor with a lots of them spiders. I got a clean installation, I mean at the moment I got no HPL engine instruments installed. Just a game, nothing for modding. Maybe those crashes are happening because of that. I do not know.
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2013, 12:04 AM by Alex Ros.)
03-18-2013, 12:00 AM
Website Find
tej.f1.fanatic Offline

Stuck at chapter 1 Big Grin
Even if i pull the lever the secret door in the storage doesnt open.
And before pulling it, its in the center position. Sad
03-18-2013, 02:20 PM
Find
Alex Ros Offline

Threads: 46

(03-18-2013, 02:20 PM)tej.f1.fanatic Wrote: Stuck at chapter 1 Big Grin Even if i pull the lever the secret door in the storage doesnt open. And before pulling it, its in the center position. Sad
Pull it up, not down.
03-18-2013, 04:47 PM
Website Find