Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 23 Vote(s) - 4.48 Average
Amnesia: The Great Work - FULL RELEASE
tej.f1.fanatic Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Amnesia: The Great Work - FULL RELEASE

(03-18-2013, 04:47 PM)Alex Ros Wrote:
(03-18-2013, 02:20 PM)tej.f1.fanatic Wrote: Stuck at chapter 1 Big Grin Even if i pull the lever the secret door in the storage doesnt open. And before pulling it, its in the center position. Sad
Pull it up, not down.

Tried that. pulling down. pushing up. moving from top to bottom.
Ill try to reinstall the game and see if that fixes the problem.
03-18-2013, 06:49 PM
Find
Alex Ros Offline

Threads: 46

(03-18-2013, 06:49 PM)tej.f1.fanatic Wrote:
(03-18-2013, 02:20 PM)tej.f1.fanatic Wrote: Stuck at chapter 1 Big Grin Even if i pull the lever the secret door in the storage doesnt open. And before pulling it, its in the center position. Sad
Pull it up, not down.
Well have you cleaned up the place where the secret door is from the big boxes? There's no bug surely.

As for myself I just finished the game...
Spoiler below!
I do not know if I did find the really best ending, but I am satisfied with the one I found at last. First one I found is the ending when I was caught by the cloak-monster before I reached the Orb and I've heard Moriaen voice: "Hello, Samuel". Second time I got the Orb, but got caught by the cloak-monster on the way back and they used my own body to resurrect Moriaen. Third time, I have escaped through the church entrance and drank my own Panacea to live immortally. I thought it's not the good one and tried for the last time. Unexpectedly when I didn't use the elevator the Shadow begun to hunt me and I got caught, because it was too dark at the Sanctuary and I didn't remember the way back to the Prison door very well. It was the nicest bad ending at my opinion. While playing the Amnesia I was always curious what Shadow would do with the Orb? Now I saw it and I liked what I saw )))))) So it was fourth ending and I didn't expect that one, because the Shadow appearance itself was unexpected. Anyway, next time I got to the prison and nearly occasionally found Samuel cage and gave Orb to him. Damascus Rose final. That was the fifth ending and that was the one I though is the best. I mean the best in terms of the storyline, of course. I do not know where is the sixth ending, but that's fine... 5/6 is quite fine and I wasn't looking consciously for them. I just wanted to be satisfied, no less, no more... anyway, now I am goin' to think for a while what to write on the Great Work game, because now when I know everything it's even more complicated than I thought at the beginning of the Chapter 6.
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2013, 09:02 PM by Alex Ros.)
03-18-2013, 08:52 PM
Website Find
tej.f1.fanatic Offline

Threads: 0

(03-18-2013, 08:52 PM)Alex Ros Wrote:
(03-18-2013, 06:49 PM)tej.f1.fanatic Wrote:
Pull it up, not down.
Well have you cleaned up the place where the secret door is from the big boxes? There's no bug surely.

Ya cleaned all the boxes. Bt then i visited all the rooms and came back to the storage. and it opened up. Big Grin thanks.

As for myself I just finished the game...
Spoiler below!
I do not know if I did find the really best ending, but I am satisfied with the one I found at last. First one I found is the ending when I was caught by the cloak-monster before I reached the Orb and I've heard Moriaen voice: "Hello, Samuel". Second time I got the Orb, but got caught by the cloak-monster on the way back and they used my own body to resurrect Moriaen. Third time, I have escaped through the church entrance and drank my own Panacea to live immortally. I thought it's not the good one and tried for the last time. Unexpectedly when I didn't use the elevator the Shadow begun to hunt me and I got caught, because it was too dark at the Sanctuary and I didn't remember the way back to the Prison door very well. It was the nicest bad ending at my opinion. While playing the Amnesia I was always curious what Shadow would do with the Orb? Now I saw it and I liked what I saw )))))) So it was fourth ending and I didn't expect that one, because the Shadow appearance itself was unexpected. Anyway, next time I got to the prison and nearly occasionally found Samuel cage and gave Orb to him. Damascus Rose final. That was the fifth ending and that was the one I though is the best. I mean the best in terms of the storyline, of course. I do not know where is the sixth ending, but that's fine... 5/6 is quite fine and I wasn't looking consciously for them. I just wanted to be satisfied, no less, no more... anyway, now I am goin' to think for a while what to write on the Great Work game, because now when I know everything it's even more complicated than I thought at the beginning of the Chapter 6.
03-19-2013, 04:35 AM
Find
HarshlyCritical Offline

Threads: 2

Just finished this incredible custom story.

It's seriously amazing. It's really the only custom story I've played that gives White Night a run for its money, something that I've seen promised by others but never fulfilled. Great job with the detailed story, twisted plot and masterfully executed maps. The custom models and music are also wonderfully done, so accolades to the third-party creators there.

Thanks for the great experience!
03-19-2013, 05:45 PM
Find
Ossie Offline

Threads: 8

Thoroughly enjoyed your LP of this John. Big Grin
03-19-2013, 06:59 PM
Find
HarshlyCritical Offline

Threads: 2

^Hey, thanks!

(03-17-2013, 11:36 PM)Ossie Wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgHApZ43Zvo

and go to 5:25 where you'll start to HEAR the problem, then a few seconds later you'll see it. At least, I assume that's a bug and not some intentional poltergeist activity. Wink

Oh God. Yeah, I'd really like to know what's going on in that clip. Never seen anything like that happen before. haha
03-20-2013, 05:57 PM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

Damascus & Co: I've just reached Chapter 3 and am taking a break to tell you how fantastic this custom story is. The level of quality is pretty staggering and the puzzles are really novel and interesting, but more importantly you've managed to actually scare the shit out me!

Congratulations to everyone involved for completing this beast and thank you for the hard work.
03-20-2013, 11:44 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

This is actually such a great story. It actually has atmosphere and gets under my skin more than any other cs I've played, to the point where I am legitimately scared. It also has a lot of story and doesn't seem to be losing quality.

There were a few things I didn't like though, like lights shining through walls, and some of the rooms/areas were just the same thing and very bland.

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
03-21-2013, 05:35 AM
Find
Tommyboypsp Offline

Threads: 10

Played it, and it was epic.

I will give feedback later, but for now, I'm really left with one big question:
Edit: Nevermind Smile

Funderbunk Wrote:Playing Amnesia through to the end has increased the size of my genitalia exponentially and made me into a real man.
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2013, 09:59 AM by Tommyboypsp.)
03-24-2013, 05:59 PM
Find
Tetrafish Offline

Threads: 3

I got wind of this mod in my Steam Library. Also, this is the first CS I've played. I don't know if this is common knowledge so please pardon my noobish'ness for mentioning it -if it is.... but I placed a pallet on the water in the sewer (the start of the 7th story). Then, moved a box into the water behind the pallet, then pulled on it while standing on the pallet. Instant boat! Smile

But you travel backwards if you do this...

I'm not finished with it yet, but I'm close. I'm taking my time and enjoying it / not rushing through. This probably isn't justified for spoilers, but just in case it's giving something away that shouldn't be revealed I'll play it safe....

Spoiler below!
In the area with the blue candles and the ritual room the Sanctum? , etc. with the 2 gates on each end of the hall that are initially locked (one of those doors leads to an area called the Cabal, but I haven't been there yet). Well, you know the room on the other end with the 20+ heavy boxes? I thought of getting over the locked gates using these boxes. If anyone wants to mess with it you'll need about 6 boxes on each side of the gates (just stacking them up on the outside will get you in trouble -meaning you'll need to reload). But, the doorways to the other areas will not let you pass anyway.

I figured with all those boxes that we were meant to use them to get inside the gates. But I guess not, he-he. Tongue

Or that might be something the author of this CS might want to... correct? Undecided

edit: "correct" as in fix if it's not supposed to be accessible. But I can see why it might be a fitting punishment for going somewhere you're not supposed to. Anyway... I did make it into the Cabal. But I'm still thinking I went in too early. I did finish the game (after retrying after the 'It's all over' deaths). I'll reload an older save point then mess around in there some more.
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2013, 05:13 PM by Tetrafish.)
03-26-2013, 05:51 PM
Find