Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 23 Vote(s) - 4.48 Average
Amnesia: The Great Work - FULL RELEASE
Damascus Offline

Threads: 118
Amnesia: The Great Work - FULL RELEASE

[Image: 27FiI.jpg]

FULL RELEASE

Visit the ModDB page for the download!
[Image: 20251.png]

Level design - Damascus
Original models - Crisosphinx
Original music - Python Blue
Voice talent - Traggey, LuckyJack, Maber, Obsidiaguy, Chris Escalante

You are Charles Longden, an archaeologist studying Minneburg, a German castle abandoned due to recent cave-ins. You are sleeping late one morning when you are shaken awake by a tremor running through the castle. There is no sign of your partner, Jane. Where has she gone?

The answer lies only in the depths of Minneburg.

* The Great Work is an original and engaging seven-part story taking place in the same world as Amnesia: The Dark Descent world
* Many different locations across Britain and Europe.
* Full character and enemy voice acting
* Original enemies
* Atmospheric and suspense based horror
* Branching story in chapter 4, and five alternative final endings!
* Over 7 hours of gameplay

Warning: Some of the puzzles in The Great Work are very, very hard. Don't be afraid to ask for help in this thread, but I personally will only respond to the most dire of problems. Though this game has been fully beta-tested, some technical issues still exist. Known issues are recorded in the README file. If you find any other critical bugs, please let me know!

Links
Let's Play Amnesia: The Great Work by Markiplier... a great LP! Give it a watch if you want to see how the game is played or just to laugh at him.

Mod of the Week by Selyp - A nice review of the custom story!

Puzzle solutions by amnesiaPUZZLES - A handy and compact walkthrough of every puzzle in the game, as well as a video for all the endings.

A final note: The custom enemies in this game are property of Crisosphinx and not available to the public. Do not use these enemies without express consent from the creator.

Amnesia: The Great Works is properly played in the dark, with headphones. Good luck!

Development page: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-13891.html

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2013, 09:45 PM by Damascus.)
06-02-2012, 08:08 AM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6
RE: [DEMO] The Great Work - Chapter 1 and 2

7 hours...wow. Usually longer/larger maps mean less detail, hopefully this will be an exception to that? Anyways, I will play it when my computers fixed, seems pretty interesting.

I rate it 3 memes.
06-02-2012, 10:26 AM
Find
Damascus Offline

Usually, but I'm putting as much detail as i can into it! Of course, that will probably mean MANY months until the final version is finished.

06-02-2012, 07:14 PM
Find
Tenacious Offline

Threads: 6

I decided to do a playthrough of your demo - I hope you don't mind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S72BUggyDA
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2012, 08:03 AM by Tenacious.)
06-03-2012, 08:03 AM
Find
Damascus Offline

I do not mind at all sir and look forward to keeping track of it!

However I highly recommend you download the new demo v1.2 I uploaded before you continue, or else you're going to run into a really bad bug later on. It's on my ModDB page! (You will also notice some changes to the map in the Study, don't let them alarm you too much.)

Spoiler below!
Also I lulled you into just the PERFECT sense of security before springing my first monster and I am so glad. >D

All in all thank you for your comments and I'm glad you like it!

(This post was last modified: 06-03-2012, 10:04 AM by Damascus.)
06-03-2012, 09:50 AM
Find
TheFallenMushroom Offline

Threads: 0

This looks really nice! I'll be keeping an eye on this thread Big Grin.
06-03-2012, 05:44 PM
Find
Damascus Offline

Just a short little update. My demo seems to be going well apart from one major bug that I had to fix. Thanks everyone for the good comments so far! I'm currently hard at work on Chapter 3, detailing my third and fourth maps and scripting the main events. I may post a demo v1.3 this month since I've been improving on scripts and smoothing out minor errors. Still would like to wait for a major update until I release a new version, though.

(This post was last modified: 06-14-2012, 12:36 AM by Damascus.)
06-14-2012, 12:36 AM
Find
Akahoshi Offline

Threads: 0

Nice CS, good job! Smile
Very good atmosphere and great puzzles!

But...

[SPOIL]

I'm stuck when he's necessary to open the gate with candles. I put the candle on the pillar but I don't know what to do after. :/ Can you give me clues?

[SPOIL]
06-15-2012, 07:59 PM
Find
Damascus Offline

Thank you! Big Grin

Here's your first hint:

Spoiler below!
You have to put out the other candle.

06-15-2012, 08:32 PM
Find
Damascus Offline

Small update with two bits of news: Chapter 3 is finished and being beta-tested I'm currently building Chapter 4! The second bit of news is that SgtYayap has helpfully offered to write original music for the Custom Story, which shall be included with my next update of the demo.

I've seen that many people are struggling with the difficult puzzles, and there's at least one in particular (the candle puzzle) that I plan to make a little bit easier in v1.3. I think there are also a few glitches in chapter 2 that leave people unable to complete the game, but haven't seen them for myself.

I hope everyone's enjoying the demo, and I will try my best to have the kinks smoothed out for the next update.

07-11-2012, 09:11 AM
Find