Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Once upon a time...
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
RE: Once upon a time...

I think developers are happy to see any kind of content, because as long as users produce content that other users are interested in and consume - the game lives.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2012, 05:16 PM by Kein.)
06-04-2012, 11:37 AM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

Ungratefull towards the developer? These ''troll maps'' have opened up a market for a new audience, if anything I believe they'd be happy we're putting out content to widen the audience of their game.
06-04-2012, 12:18 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(06-04-2012, 12:18 PM)Traggey Wrote: Ungratefull towards the developer? These ''troll maps'' have opened up a market for a new audience, if anything I believe they'd be happy we're putting out content to widen the audience of their game.
Some people may argue that doing so, changing the game to appeal to a wider audience, "sometimes" will dumb down a game overall.

I don't agree with that statement myself though. Just pointing it out.
06-04-2012, 12:20 PM
Find
Need4Power Offline

Threads: 1

I have nothing more,but to say:

[Image: true-story-icon-300x296.jpg]
06-04-2012, 12:25 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

(06-04-2012, 12:20 PM)Kreekakon Wrote:
(06-04-2012, 12:18 PM)Traggey Wrote: Ungratefull towards the developer? These ''troll maps'' have opened up a market for a new audience, if anything I believe they'd be happy we're putting out content to widen the audience of their game.
Some people may argue that doing so, changing the game to appeal to a wider audience, "sometimes" will dumb down a game overall.

I don't agree with that statement myself though. Just pointing it out.
Those whom do use this as a statement should really re-consider, these mods do not have any impact on the game at all, those who do not wish to play stories like these, do not have to.
06-04-2012, 01:34 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

Traggey i do agree with your view, that Amnesia will get a lot more buyers this way, because pewdie and other people like him are obviously one big commercial to the game.

But they are still taking the game down in a special way.

How do you want Amnesia to be remembered ? As a detailed horror game with a unique story ? or a game where you must fight against evil barrels, mr.face and rescue an arabic golden statue nicknamed "stephano".. Or even worse about ponies.

A lot of people watch Lets play videos before they buy Amnesia, and since pewdie is the most popular its most likely that they're going to click on his video and get the wrong impression of the game.
I have witnessed how these custom stories and references to pewdiepie can be disrespectfull to developers. My friend has been watching a lot of videos of amnesia before he bought the game, and you can guess the author of those videos. Obviously he clicked the video with most views and likes.

When he bought the game, he didn't click "start new game" he clicked the custom stories button and immediatly started playing all those CS's that he saw pewdie play. its almost a month now since he bought Amnesia and he didn't even begin with the main story. The only thing that comes up to his mind when i say Amnesia is "OMG BARRELZ"

and doesn't even know who daniel is

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2012, 02:09 PM by Nice.)
06-04-2012, 02:07 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

So he isn't even interested in the main story, but still bought the game, that's great! The thing is where it matters, Amnesia the dark descent has already been announced as the one true gaming horror experience by major gaming sites, magazines and just in general in the buisness!
Alot of people will probably remember it for silly custom stories and lets players, however those who do obviously have no interest in the original game at all, so why would we even consider their opinion?
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2012, 02:42 PM by Traggey.)
06-04-2012, 02:28 PM
Find
PewDiePie Offline

I had a short convo with one of the dev of FG a while back I can quote directly (roughly translated):

"We think it's fun that people use our game to create their own"

Traggey Wrote:The ones creating these stories do not have the devotion needed to create proper stories, so you are NOT getting less serious content.
This is true
Kein Wrote:Elaborate. How do they ruin the game for you? Did they manage Frictional Games to change something in actual games? Did they affect current games in development? Yes? No? Then how?
This is also true.
06-04-2012, 02:35 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

(06-04-2012, 02:35 PM)PewDiePie Wrote: I had a short convo with one of the dev of FG a while back I can quote directly (roughly translated):

Of course this would be their oppinion on the whole thing, that's the whole spirit of modding. As someone whom has been around modding scenes for all kinds of games for years now I can say that EVERY single community which has these kinds of tools at their disposal have silly mods developed for them, it's simply part of it. Keep in mind that most mods are developed by people without game development experience and are simply put together by some bloke in his basement during spare time, it's a hobby.
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2012, 02:41 PM by Traggey.)
06-04-2012, 02:40 PM
Find
PewDiePie Offline

(06-04-2012, 02:40 PM)Traggey Wrote:
(06-04-2012, 02:35 PM)PewDiePie Wrote: I had a short convo with one of the dev of FG a while back I can quote directly (roughly translated):

Of course this would be their oppinion on the whole thing, that's the whole spirit of modding. As someone whom has been around modding scenes for all kinds of games for years now I can say that EVERY single community which has these kinds of tools at their disposal have silly mods developed for them, it's simply part of it. Keep in mind that most mods are developed by people without game development experience and are simply put together by some bloke in his basement during spare time, it's a hobby.

Yup, I'm surprised more peeps aren't taking this in consideration.
The reason why I mentioned it was because there seem to be a lot of people thinking that FG are reacting purely negatively to some CS or role-playing that's done.
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2012, 02:55 PM by PewDiePie.)
06-04-2012, 02:45 PM
Find