Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Once upon a time...
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
RE: Once upon a time...

(06-04-2012, 02:45 PM)PewDiePie Wrote:
(06-04-2012, 02:40 PM)Traggey Wrote:
(06-04-2012, 02:35 PM)PewDiePie Wrote: I had a short convo with one of the dev of FG a while back I can quote directly (roughly translated):

"We think it's fun that people use our game to create their own"
Of course this would be their oppinion on the whole thing, that's the whole spirit of modding. As someone whom has been around modding scenes for all kinds of games for years now I can say that EVERY single community which has these kinds of tools at their disposal have silly mods developed for them, it's simply part of it. Keep in mind that most mods are developed by people without game development experience and are simply put together by some bloke in his basement during spare time, it's a hobby.

Yup, I'm surprised more peeps aren't taking this in consideration.
It's really an internet thing, ''Someone likes something I do not agree with? Well then I'll have to empty myself of rage all over the people whom do enjoy it.''

This is a community for everyone, that includes Felix and his fanbase. You're all just going to have to live with it.
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2012, 02:55 PM by Traggey.)
06-04-2012, 02:54 PM
Find
xPICKLEMONSTER Offline

Threads: 13

To be honest.
I could not give a shit.
Play what you want to.

Simple.

[Image: monthebiffybackgroundss.jpg]
Voice Actor in
Poisonous
Confusion

06-04-2012, 04:37 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Quote:But they are still taking the game down in a special way.

How do you want Amnesia to be remembered ? As a detailed horror game with a unique story ? or a game where you must fight against evil barrels, mr.face and rescue an arabic golden statue nicknamed "stephano".. Or even worse about ponies.

[Image: AwF5F.png]

Custom stories and the content users produce has NO impact on the actual game. Amnesia already got all the possible spotlight and reviews, it is one of the best games of 2009 and best survival horror (by concept and its execution) so far. People already know and remember the genuine game as it is.

Man, I really hope you aren't serious here. I hope you're trolling. I really do.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2012, 05:32 PM by Kein.)
06-04-2012, 05:21 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

if you actualy read my post you'd know what i was blabbering about. I'm talking about new people, they dont find out about this game in reviews, MOST OF THEM find it from memes, 9gag posts and last but not least youtube videos. And those give them wrong impression about the game.

yes no shit, they cant change the game but they can change the people buying the game.
I can link you to all kinds of places where i've seen comments like : Amnesia is overrated, i haven't played it yet but by the looks of videos its a non-horror, funny, childish game.

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
06-04-2012, 06:10 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

(06-04-2012, 06:10 PM)CowardlyDog Wrote: if you actualy read my post you'd know what i was blabbering about. I'm talking about new people, they dont find out about this game in reviews, MOST OF THEM find it from memes, 9gag posts and last but not least youtube videos. And those give them wrong impression about the game.

yes no shit, they cant change the game but they can change the people buying the game.
I can link you to all kinds of places where i've seen comments like : Amnesia is overrated, i haven't played it yet but by the looks of videos its a non-horror, funny, childish game.
One whom makes comments as such is obviously not very updated with the gaming world to begin with. Why should we care if they're missing out?
06-04-2012, 06:12 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

yes yes i know but i've put that example to show that silly amnesia videos or custom stories may have bad impression on people (if they're dumb or not). And that is simply my point of view on this whole matter.

Anyway im off from this discussion because i have grown tired of these same threads every week that are just stating the obvious. And if someone has anything else to comment about my view on these things, just send me a PM.

final edit: to prevent even bigger fire of flame and hurted feelings i'm letting all pony fans, pewdie fans, pewdiepie himself and all other LPers know, that my post is not directed at any certain invidual. It is not pewdiepies fault that some of his fans are out of control, same its not the fault of MLP show.

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2012, 10:07 PM by Nice.)
06-04-2012, 06:29 PM
Find
PewDiePie Offline

Threads: 1

CowardlyDog Wrote:MOST OF THEM find it from memes, 9gag posts and last but not least youtube videos. And those give them wrong impression about the game.

Shouldn't you be arguing with the creator of this thread then? c:
06-04-2012, 08:56 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

Welp thanks guys! this has proven that i can start a flame wars whit a simple "once upon a time text"... Draco you lost the bet!

(06-04-2012, 08:56 PM)PewDiePie Wrote:
CowardlyDog Wrote:MOST OF THEM find it from memes, 9gag posts and last but not least youtube videos. And those give them wrong impression about the game.

Shouldn't you be arguing with the creator of this thread then?
point taken Tongue pewdie don't get me wrong i really like your videos but sometimes your fan community annoys me a bit Tongue

also I have might said this once but I'll say it again... Dark Room was just an experiment to learn how to use the Amnesia engine/ the scripts and enemy edition...we just released it for the lolz... but we had an unexpected popularity explosion Tongue so it kinda stuck... at that time we didn't knew of the "troll" maps that you usually play nor brony maps nor almost any cs in fact!
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2012, 12:31 AM by Danny Boy.)
06-05-2012, 12:23 AM
Website Find
Juby Away

Threads: 2

(06-05-2012, 12:23 AM)Danarogon Wrote:
Welp thanks guys! this has proven that i can start a flame wars whit a simple "once upon a time text"... Draco you lost the bet!
You made a bet behind my back!!! GRRRRRRRR

You freaking rotten sack of stale bananas Tongue

Insanity. Static.
06-05-2012, 02:40 AM
Find
PewDiePie Offline

Threads: 1

(06-05-2012, 12:23 AM)Danarogon Wrote:

(06-04-2012, 08:56 PM)PewDiePie Wrote:

Shouldn't you be arguing with the creator of this thread then?
point taken Tongue pewdie don't get me wrong i really like your videos but sometimes your fan community annoys me a bit Tongue
Don't worry man I was just playing Wink
I totally get that anyway ^^
06-05-2012, 04:59 PM
Find