Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Should these types of maps stay?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes!
33.33%
16 33.33%
No!
66.67%
32 66.67%
Total 48 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
The decline of custom stories.
imgoneimdead Offline
Señor Member

Threads: 23
Thumbs Down  The decline of custom stories.

I've changed my mind from the original post because I think we should either have a way to filter serious/unserious custom stories, or to let people know they can post their Pewdiepie maps to his website. The only reason I somewhat angered about that before is because I was really upset that my friend left the forums because everybody ignored him and his story that I know he worked very hard on. He was sad because his map was surrounded by other maps that were stuff like TROLL MAP or something like that. Sorry if anybody was upset about the original post. I should have thought a little more...
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ORIGINAL POST:

Ever since Pewdiepie became popular I have noticed a huge decline in how well custom stories are made. Like all of these Pewdiepie maps. I want legitimate custom stories easier to find. I don't want anymore of these annoying Pewdie/MLP/Troll/whatever maps. I am a brony, and I HATE the My Little Pony maps.
Basically, the point of this is that I want people who agree with this to help me show these people we don't want this. We want something creative and not completely talentless and uncreative. I believe this is about to get worse now that Toby Turner will be playing custom stories. So please. Let's just show them this shouldnt be happening. I know people can make whatever they want, but they aren't doing anything new at all. There must be another custom story exactly like the uncreative veal you made. I like dark room because it was original for Amnesia. It was basically the first joke map. It was hilarious! Too bad your map will never have that feeling. Come up with something new. Do something new. If you want people with a brain to like you, DO SOMETHING NEW!

The only reason this matters is because the more worthlessness there is, the harder it is to find something great.

Because I am curious, I am adding a Poll.

Thank you for reading this. I hope it changes someone's mind about what they are doing.
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2012, 03:19 AM by imgoneimdead.)
06-03-2012, 05:53 AM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6
RE: The decline of custom stories.

This thread again, it can't possibly end up like the other 10!

*sigh* Yes, everyone in the community is aware of the bro/brony infestation and yes we agree it's a problem; but it is never going to go away. PDP even made a site so his "bros" can upload their poorly made jump scare maps for him, but they seem to just ignore it and post it here anyways.

There's no winning in this situation, all we can do is let time pass and hope that it solves itself. Moderators can tell us to ignore the situation all we want, but if anything, that's making things worse.

I rate it 3 memes.
06-03-2012, 06:14 AM
Find
imgoneimdead Offline
Señor Member

(06-03-2012, 06:14 AM)andyrockin123 Wrote: This thread again, it can't possibly end up like the other 10!

*sigh* Yes, everyone in the community is aware of the bro/brony infestation and yes we agree it's a problem; but it is never going to go away. PDP even made a site so his "bros" can upload their poorly made jump scare maps for him, but they seem to just ignore it and post it here anyways.

There's no winning in this situation, all we can do is let time pass and hope that it solves itself. Moderators can tell us to ignore the situation all we want, but if anything, that's making things worse.

...I didn't know there were more threads similar to this... I honestly didn't except that. My apologies man. And I wanted this here because I want to make people not ignore it. We can make it atop if we can actually get people to try.
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2012, 06:32 AM by imgoneimdead.)
06-03-2012, 06:29 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

For fuck's sake YES we GET IT, custom stories aren't as good as they used to be, but to be quite frank the sheer amount of complaining people are doing is getting more annoying than the stories themselves. This is seriously the second thread TODAY addressing this issue, not to mention people that intentionally find every bad story there is just to post about how absolutely terrible of a map it is (I won't name names, but you know who you are). Sure, when I see a story like that I don't necessarily approve of it, but it's not worth the time or effort to comment about how terrible each and every map that's not up to par with the best custom stories out there. If you don't like it, just move onto the next thread, it's really that simple.

Sorry if that came off the wrong way, it's just I've been getting really fed up lately with how much people have been complaining lately.

Posting Freak
06-03-2012, 07:15 AM
Website Find
DrPixel Offline

Threads: 1

(06-03-2012, 07:15 AM)kman Wrote: For fuck's sake YES we GET IT, custom stories aren't as good as they used to be, but to be quite frank the sheer amount of complaining people are doing is getting more annoying than the stories themselves. This is seriously the second thread TODAY addressing this issue, not to mention people that intentionally find every bad story there is just to post about how absolutely terrible of a map it is (I won't name names, but you know who you are). Sure, when I see a story like that I don't necessarily approve of it, but it's not worth the time or effort to comment about how terrible each and every map that's not up to par with the best custom stories out there. If you don't like it, just move onto the next thread, it's really that simple.

Sorry if that came off the wrong way, it's just I've been getting really fed up lately with how much people have been complaining lately.
Bravo good sir, +rep to you. Smile
No really, I gotta agree with you. The people who whine about how "custom stories are dying because of Pewdiepie" or "wow, [insert name here] has a shitty custom story obviously based on Pewdiepie, now we must shun him/her and tell him/her to get off the site" really irritate me far more than one person's lighthearted attempt to make a map for someone they adore. If someone actually goes to the effort of trying to learn how to make a CS then applying that to something they love, well, I say at least they learned something! Really, if you don't enjoy "lower quality" or "fan-made for Pewdiepie" stories, then just don't play them! It's honestly as simple as that and no discussion threads need to be made to complain about them, just let the mod creators do their thing and anyone who likes their CS (or wants to kindly critique it while NOT just blatantly saying they suck!) can talk about it on the thread while those who despise it can remain silent. It takes away all of the hate from this forum and leaves the base playing/creating of custom stories for Amnesia, which obviously anyone who's on this sub-forum likes, so we all have a common appreciation of something at least. Wink
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2012, 07:56 AM by DrPixel.)
06-03-2012, 07:53 AM
Website Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

^ Good lads, you've saved me time.
06-03-2012, 08:28 AM
Find
DRedshot Offline

I agree with you lot to a point. But i think that if there was only one thread about it it would just get ignored. While I agree that all these threads are getting just as out of hand as the actual maps, it is still quite annoying when you spend 6 months on a map to have it bumped down by 5 other maps in the space of an hour.
This is coming from someone who finds PewDiePie hilarious by the way,
I don't hate the people who make the maps at all, it's funny watching him play them. I was thinking if there was some way to filter custom stories based on tags - for example, so you could tag pdp, or horror etc.

This would let people find the stories they want to play, without having to sieve through loads of others. Also it would reduce the number of "I want a map with ________" threads, because they could be tagged anyways! Smile

06-03-2012, 12:23 PM
Find
Mine Turtle Offline

Threads: 32

however much i agree with this, its not gonna make a difference.

[Image: 201107142327000.gif]
06-03-2012, 12:32 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

This is right!!!
The time of feast for the worms is over. Praise the lord and pass the ammunition!!!! Kill the parasites!!!

*Turns on "Rise Rapture, Rise" on highest volume, warms up fingers and prepares for flamewar.*

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2012, 03:03 PM by CorinthianMerchant.)
06-03-2012, 02:39 PM
Find
imgoneimdead Offline
Señor Member

(06-03-2012, 12:23 PM)DRedshot Wrote: I agree with you lot to a point. But i think that if there was only one thread about it it would just get ignored. While I agree that all these threads are getting just as out of hand as the actual maps, it is still quite annoying when you spend 6 months on a map to have it bumped down by 5 other maps in the space of an hour.
This is coming from someone who finds PewDiePie hilarious by the way,
I don't hate the people who make the maps at all, it's funny watching him play them. I was thinking if there was some way to filter custom stories based on tags - for example, so you could tag pdp, or horror etc.

This would let people find the stories they want to play, without having to sieve through loads of others. Also it would reduce the number of "I want a map with ________" threads, because they could be tagged anyways! Smile

I like your idea. I like it a lot. We just need to get a tag feature on the forum or something for serious and unserious custom stories.

(06-03-2012, 02:39 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: This is right!!!
The time of feast for the worms is over. Praise the lord and pass the ammunition!!!! Kill the parasites!!!

*Turns on "Rise Rapture, Rise" on highest volume, warms up fingers and prepares for flamewar.*

Bioshock is great Smile
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2012, 06:11 PM by imgoneimdead.)
06-03-2012, 06:10 PM
Find