Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Having some sound problems with the game :(
cake :3 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago Question  Having some sound problems with the game :(

Hello everyone, im having a problem the the game sounds. And it only seems to happen when i play amnesia, no other games cause that. When i launch the game and the menu appears, i start to get strange noises on my headphone and i have confirmed that the headset isn't the cause of this. Since i couldnt attach the wma file i uploaded it to mediafire here it is:
http://www.mediafire.com/?f3gr4a4n6do0m64 (no virus checked it with norton end point protection Smile
my computer specs:
pentium 4 3.2 ghz
nvidia geforce 9600 gt
4 gb ram
sound card : "Creative sb audigy 2 zs" and yes my sound card drive is up to date.
OH and one more thing. This noise seems to fade as the games own sound gets louder but then when i get to a silent part it comes back and it only comes out of my headphones left right ear. Even after i quit the game this noise just keeps coming.... I tried watching a film and it faded a lot but i could still hear it Sad The reason im posting it here is because it only appears when i play amnesia, i never had this problem before with no games or programs Sad Got any ideas?
Ps: the noise completely disappears after some time (only if the game isnt running).
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2012, 02:44 PM by cake :3.)
06-03-2012, 02:42 PM
Find
MidnightHowls Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago RE: Having some sound problems with the game :(

I know you say the Headset isn't the cause, but if you have speakers... do they also cause the noise? My computer isn't fond of head phones of any kind (especially when I go on the internet) So maybe you have sort of the same issue.
06-04-2012, 02:28 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago RE: Having some sound problems with the game :(

It might be something cause by the headset itself, is it a USB headset? If so that could mean it has it's own drivers which might not be compatible with Amnesia.
06-04-2012, 02:32 PM
Find