Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Work in progress Standards of Hell (Diablo Tribute)
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
Standards of Hell (Diablo Tribute)

I made this in about two days, and I am so utterly intrigued by the idea of Diablo within the Amnesia engine that I would love it if anyone would like to assist me on this. I have the story fleshed out and several ideas for gameplay flying around too, but I certainly can't do it all by myself- it'll require custom assets that I just don't have access to. I did, however, write the intro text and make the first couple of minutes of the level working smoothly, and threw together a trailer. Enjoy!

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/4dQ89GSujJo[/video]

Opening text:
Spoiler below!
You can hear Farnham's horrible yelling still resonate within your head as you struggle to slam the door shut behind you. Skeletal fingers claw at the wood as the door's seldomly used hinges scream in protest. You throw your back against it with all your might and the skeleton is defeated; its arm comes loose at the joint and falls limply on the floor next to you. You open your eyes and look around. You are in a large chamber within the Cathedral's crypts. You begin to wonder whatever will become of your soul, or the ones residing in your village of Tristram.

[Image: signature-2.png]
06-04-2012, 12:31 AM
Find
kartanonperuna Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 44
RE: Standards of Hell (Diablo Tribute)

Very interesting though I dont care much about Diablo series.

Voice actor

Painful shadows

06-04-2012, 12:41 AM
Website Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

Wow, really interesting idea. I love Diablo series..

“Life is a game, play it”
06-04-2012, 01:03 AM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
06-04-2012, 08:10 PM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Isolated the whole thing fully, so I can introduce custom entities and mechanics more easily. Here's the main menu and implemented lantern- I love this thing, it's the bullseye lantern by MoFo, it's perfect. The model is high quality, and the small radius of the spotlight on the front gives a very Diablo-esque feeling of claustrophobia.
[Image: SoH1.png]

[Image: SoH2.png]

So far I've accomplished a lot of preliminary stages, and what comes now is actually progressing the story forward. I will need help, though. There's no way I can do this by myself for one reason: Diablo needs monsters. The upside to this problem is that I'm sure there are many models for these monsters already made on various sites. The downside is I have never tried animating before, however, my standard for quality will not lower just because I haven't tried it yet; I won't release something with sub-par, stiff animations. There are very few bones in the models of the Amnesia creatures, so it can't really be that complex. Besides, it's really easy to edit existing creatures and make them more menacing, for example, what I did with the Brute here:
[Image: SoH3.png]

If anyone is willing to help out, it'd be much appreciated, and until then, I will continue pumping out quality level design! Have a nice day Smile

06-04-2012, 08:36 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

Diablo is my favourite game series. I have my hands full though, and won't be able to help you.

Best of luck!

Reading above: I'll be able to answer questions regarding amnesia animation import if it comes to that :>.

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

06-04-2012, 09:45 PM
Find
Bunnypoppop Offline

Threads: 1

This looks awesome!

If you need someone to do voices, I'll be glad to help. unless you're going to use diablo sounds and stuff which would make sense :p

"War doesn't determine who is right - only who is left"

Voice Actor
06-04-2012, 10:38 PM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39

Let's make this badass streetboat \m/

listen to boards of canada
06-24-2012, 01:14 PM
Website Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

I've been fairly busy lately, and I'm getting it all together. Hardarm up there has been helping me with ideas and criticisms, and has said he has ideas of his own to combine with mine, and I am excited to see his mapping. I have been working on putting events together in a clean, player-friendly manner, and amping the atmosphere up like none other. Let these screenshots speak for themselves.
Improved main menu:
[Image: SoH4.jpg]

One of the many small rooms you will explore in the dungeons of Tristram cathedral:
[Image: SoH5.jpg]

One of the many claustrophobic hallways that will oppress you:
[Image: SoH6.jpg]

And last but not least, the dreaded Butcher's shop:
[Image: SoH7.jpg]

07-02-2012, 09:19 AM
Find
Vyzor Offline

Threads: 5

My lord I completed both diablo 1 and 2 back in the good days, I'm really interested in this, once am completed with my mod I would love to help you out with models/rigging/animation, if ur interested ofc.

[Image: vyzorbackgroundm.png]
07-02-2012, 08:12 PM
Find