Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Lack of Organization...
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39
Lack of Organization...

Guys as you can see I have started some Custom Stories but never finished them, mostly because of stupid Story Writing. I expect myself to make anything but I end up abandoning it. I'd really need a team or a person but I end up breaking up with it most of the times. I KNOW how to map and do other stuff. Just I cannot handle the materials correctly and couldn't balance Storywriting and Mapping; When I have to do something difficult my motivation decreases too and I focus about something I like that is just mapping. Adding scenery. And I voyage a lot of times with my head thinking up I could do anything but instead it takes me a lot of time. Could you guys give me some suggestions?
Or else if you want to be in a team with me i'd be really happy. Wink
Too bad this month I have my exams and it'll be difficult.

listen to boards of canada
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2012, 04:46 PM by Hardarm.)
06-04-2012, 04:44 PM
Website Find
Datguy5 Offline

Threads: 25
RE: Lack of Organization...

Heyy you can join my small team Big Grin It only has me,zipi mapper and one voiceactor(atleast atm). but i could still use some more mappers for my upcoming story Dark Past.PM me if interested.

(This post was last modified: 06-04-2012, 04:52 PM by Datguy5.)
06-04-2012, 04:51 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: Lack of Organization...

The most important thing when making a game is to be SURE 100% what you want from the game. It's easier with shorter stories where you can just memorize everything in your head, but with longer, and more complicated ones, you have to have a clear game plan (Pun intended)

Well I'm taking a course right now called "Video Game Planning", and while I won't go into extreme detail (That would be hella long), and these are the basics of a video game plan:

1. Game Title
2. Game theme
3. Game's background/backstory
4. Sources of Inspiration (Movies, other games, novels etc)
5. Game Synopsis
6. Game's Purpose
7. Game's Setting
8. Gameplay direction
9. Characters
10. Primary Gameplay Missions
11. What makes the game special
12. Who will play?
13. Where does the game's entertainment come from?
14. Game's World Setting and Lore
15. System Requirements (Not needed for Amnesia Mods though)
16. Flow/Steps of the Game
17. Entire Story from start to end.
18. Character Relationships, personality attributes, and motivations

The above is just an example at best for you to look at, but if you can make SURE what you want the game to be like, then you'll discover you'll have a lot more motivation, because you won't be wandering anymore, you'll be sure of what you want to do.
06-04-2012, 04:55 PM
Find