Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hello ive had an error in amnesia editor
loopyd2 Offline

Threads: 1
hello ive had an error in amnesia editor

When I Tried to make my own custom map everythhing was ok in the first map/area...then when scripting the second area everything went wrong bassically i wanted a scream sound to be played when the player entered it and on the same map when a player entered a room i wanted the door to close behind him.

I no the scripts for both theese actions but when its done i get fatel errors trying to enter the second area/map but when i only ran one of the scripts it suddenly worked.

can someone tell me how to execute theese two scripts without fatel errors and how to seperate scripts so tht in the futuer this dosnt happed again i would like to continue my map as soon as possible.

if you are going to post a working script i think u might need to no theese:

area for scream sound:moan_1
area for door close:marins_study
door tht closes:marins_study_door
sound:21bigscream(I Didnt no if thts the exact one but it dosnt matter really

please help I Will include you in a special thanks in my credits when map is done
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2012, 08:49 PM by loopyd2.)
06-06-2012, 08:47 PM
Find
IsaacJGL Offline

Threads: 3
RE: hello ive had an error in amnesia editor

Sorry about this being non-helpful, but please can you spell a bit better?

Paint the lines... cut the man... Paint the lines... cut the man...

06-06-2012, 10:46 PM
Find
loopyd2 Offline

i have dyslexia and adhd i wanted to do this as quick as possible sorry about tht might edit it bettr some time later btw i have a screenshot of the map im working on(dosn't show the maps features but looks kinda cool [Image: 428448_378125808903261_761102675_n.jpg]
06-06-2012, 11:02 PM
Find
Mine Turtle Offline

Threads: 32

if you could post the error you recieve when you run the map id be more capable of helping out

[Image: 201107142327000.gif]
06-06-2012, 11:12 PM
Find
loopyd2 Offline

(06-06-2012, 11:12 PM)darkadders Wrote: if you could post the error you recieve when you run the map id be more capable of helping out
well i got over frustrated and started a new map same story so ill try to explain this

on the 1st map/area u spawn in a room and use a key(Name & Script use name:Guest_Key_1)
on a door (names:Guest_Room_1) and it opens then you go down a hallway apon trying to enter the next map/area an error came up(i think this is it) it said something like expected ; and Guest_Room_1 has no [something] and said something about guest room 1 again i scanned the script for the first map and there was no problem and the error was strange cuz when i took of the second script in the 2nd map/area there was no error but guest_room_1 is in map 1 not map 2

but... if someone could just show a working script tht has two CollideEntityCallbacks in it and both are two diffrent triggers for areas then im sure id be able to figure it out from there.

(06-06-2012, 11:12 PM)darkadders Wrote: if you could post the error you recieve when you run the map id be more capable of helping out
i also see your alot of things tht look pretty advanced story script writer ... would you like to test my map when ive made some progress maybe even suggest changes

again id add you in special thx(twice if you help me out with my script version)

and its not tht its running the map its going through the (.map)changing door
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2012, 11:34 PM by loopyd2.)
06-06-2012, 11:30 PM
Find
Mine Turtle Offline

(06-06-2012, 11:30 PM)loopyd2 Wrote:
well i got over frustrated and started a new map same story so ill try to explain this

on the 1st map/area u spawn in a room and use a key(Name & Script use name:Guest_Key_1)
on a door (names:Guest_Room_1) and it opens then you go down a hallway apon trying to enter the next map/area an error came up(i think this is it) it said something like expected ; and Guest_Room_1 has no [something] and said something about guest room 1 again i scanned the script for the first map and there was no problem and the error was strange cuz when i took of the second script in the 2nd map/area there was no error but guest_room_1 is in map 1 not map 2

but... if someone could just show a working script tht has two CollideEntityCallbacks in it and both are two diffrent triggers for areas then im sure id be able to figure it out from there.

i also see your alot of things tht look pretty advanced story script writer ... would you like to test my map when ive made some progress maybe even suggest changes

again id add you in special thx(twice if you help me out with my script version)

and its not tht its running the map its going through the (.map)changing door

alright, first of all, you need to look for missing ";" s at the end of each line of code inside a "void" function.

for the guest_room_1 i suppose you need to declare it in the script with quotation marks. "guest_room_1"

also make sure you set the .map file in the level door inside the level editor. theres an option of typing in the .map file in the level door, inside the level editor. it tells the level door where its going to spawn you in when you interact with it.

i could also test it for you if you have further problems. i just hope youre not putting in flying naked people scares n such. ^^

(This post was last modified: 06-06-2012, 11:59 PM by Mine Turtle.)
06-06-2012, 11:55 PM
Find
loopyd2 Offline

i did tht all it didnt work which is why i started a new map but now my problem is i cant seem to follow any tutorials on things now if i added you on skype to you think you could send me some template scripts

and the thing i really need now is how to put two scripts on one map

and ive only started the new map but if you want it i can send it to you
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2012, 12:07 AM by loopyd2.)
06-07-2012, 12:06 AM
Find
Mine Turtle Offline

(06-07-2012, 12:06 AM)loopyd2 Wrote: i did tht all it didnt work which is why i started a new map but now my problem is i cant seem to follow any tutorials on things now if i added you on skype to you think you could send me some template scripts

and the thing i really need now is how to put two scripts on one map

and ive only started the new map but if you want it i can send it to you
sure thing ^^

06-07-2012, 12:08 AM
Find
loopyd2 Offline

whats your skype name
06-07-2012, 12:10 AM
Find