Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia doesn't start, exception_access_violation. HPL.log has no information
duplex1 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Amnesia doesn't start, exception_access_violation. HPL.log has no information

Before I begin I have thoroughly checked all of the trouble shooting threads, and yet somehow my situation seems unique.
Bought the humble indie bundle, downloaded on steam, didn't work. then downloaded the DRM free version which used .zip. No problems installing. But the moment I start the game I get a familiar error Exception_access_Violation. ( http://imgur.com/Vpyv8 ).

Now, I know I don't have an integrated intel graphics card, or a ATI X series graphics card
( http://imgur.com/kz3lV) . I have updated my graphics card anyway. which says it supports openGL 3.2.
but what is most frustrating is that HPL.log gives me next to no information. This makes it difficult because, every piece of advice is based on what the HPL.log says. Here is mine ( http://imgur.com/H0Zhx ).

Thanks in advance
06-08-2012, 03:29 AM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Amnesia doesn't start, exception_access_violation. HPL.log has no information

Well, judging by all the errors, something went wrong during the installation of the game. Could you tell us WHY it didn't work on Steam? (Error messages, etc.)

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
06-08-2012, 04:00 AM
Find
duplex1 Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Amnesia doesn't start, exception_access_violation. HPL.log has no information

(06-08-2012, 04:00 AM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote: Well, judging by all the errors, something went wrong during the installation of the game. Could you tell us WHY it didn't work on Steam? (Error messages, etc.)
Steam did not give any errors after it said "launching amensia the dark descent..." then nothing.
06-08-2012, 04:23 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Disable anti virus software and make sure to run the game as administrator and see if that helps.
06-08-2012, 08:02 AM
Website Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

do what Jens said and check the troubleshooing guide for program that interfere
06-08-2012, 06:43 PM
Find
duplex1 Offline

(06-08-2012, 06:43 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: do what Jens said and check the troubleshooing guide for program that interfere
Yea i did no antivirus I even turned off all hidden services just as the trouble shooting guide did
06-08-2012, 06:54 PM
Find