Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Story Crash D:<
CrazyKilla Offline

Threads: 6
Custom Story Crash D:<

Hi, im CrazyKilla

i have been working on a custom story for amnesia, it works, suddenly i play my custom story and i realised that it takes about 5 minutes for the monster to reach its destination, i shortened his path, made less path nodes, told him to wait at areas less time, and when i tested it... well:

[Image: crash.png]

ME:

[Image: FUUU.png]

Help Please?
06-08-2012, 09:24 AM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
RE: Custom Story Crash D:<

Moved to development support.
06-08-2012, 09:37 AM
Find
CrazyKilla Offline

Alright, i noticed that i have a file called "dungeon_1a_servant_grunt.nodes" (am i supposed to haz dis?), i noticed that when i change the position of a path node, it doesn't change in that file, so im wondering how to update this file or something? i also noticed that the text i changed in my hps file doesn't affect the crashing because i changed it back... wut is goin on?
06-08-2012, 09:47 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

Have you tried deleting the .nodes file? Also, what does the hpl.log say (Documents/Amnesia/Main)?

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
06-08-2012, 06:09 PM
Website Find
MaZiCUT Offline

Threads: 31

You need to delete the path nodes and the script for it and then make it properly to make sure it works, if it still doesen't work there is a possibility that you didn't script something correct in your .hps file.
06-08-2012, 08:26 PM
Website Find
madifier Offline

Threads: 3

I had problems updating files as well and this is something to check on. When I started making a few maps, I decided to make a backup folder inside my CS folder just in case. Here's the kicker, the level editor was grabbing the maps from the backup folder instead of my main files. From what I guess the computer was searching for the map and found it FIRST in the backup folder. Once I moved the backup files to my desktop or out of the CS folder it started changing the correct ones.

Seems like every time I turn around the level editor, the material thing,
or whatever, something either doesn't load right or crashes spontaneously.
06-08-2012, 08:39 PM
Find
Putkimato Offline

Threads: 8

Give the hps file
06-09-2012, 02:31 PM
Find
CrazyKilla Offline

alright this is very weird, i deleted the nodes, and i launched the custom story, now it works, monster works fine, but for some reason there are no nodes in the map folder, just the .map and .hpl files, they havent been recreated again for some reason, i really dont understand whats going on, i guess i have a buggy custom story...
(This post was last modified: 06-10-2012, 12:37 PM by CrazyKilla.)
06-10-2012, 12:34 PM
Find
Ermu Offline

Threads: 13

(06-10-2012, 12:34 PM)CrazyKilla Wrote: alright this is very weird, i deleted the nodes, and i launched the custom story, now it works, monster works fine, but for some reason there are no nodes in the map folder, just the .map and .hpl files, they havent been recreated again for some reason, i really dont understand whats going on, i guess i have a buggy custom story...
The only thing you need in the Maps folder is the .map and .hps, no idea what that .nodes was, so it's not vital to your CS's performance.
06-10-2012, 12:41 PM
Find
CrazyKilla Offline

If anyone reads this, i got a little problem, why does my custom story sometimes dissapear from custom story list? i sometimes restart the game, or delete something i recently wrote in hps, and then type it back in, and it fixes it, (This has only been happening since i got the latest version of Amnesia...
06-10-2012, 05:18 PM
Find