Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Model exporting help!
Lucas Offline

Threads: 2
Shocked  Model exporting help!

Hello dear members!

My name is Lucas, I'm 19 years old and study computer science. I guess that's all I could sum up as for an introduction.

I've encountered this nasty problem while trying to get models into amnesia for the first time.
I've read a couple of other threads about this, and none seem to have this issue.

Whilst loading the exported opencollada .dae in model viewer, it looks like this,
[Image: abrucx.jpg]

A small piece of the texture shows up, and a random cylinder in the middle. I've tried to change the size, still no luck. I read a post saying that something with the textures are messed up if this occurs. Well, these are my settings
[Image: 1zdrz34.jpg]

All fiiles are located in the same folder inside the amnesia directory, inside custom_stories to be specific,
[Image: 15flis6.jpg]

I've spent atleast 10 hours trying to fix this. Excuse my dumb mistakes. But I'm sure you guys can fix this in no time.

Have a good day!
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2012, 04:27 PM by Lucas.)
06-09-2012, 03:37 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
RE: Model exporting help!

To import properly all you need is the DAE, one DDS and the .mat file created with the tools material editor, your 3d's max settings are all good. 3D's max does have scaling export issues using the built-in DAE and openCOLLADA, I'd suggest you export as FBX and use maya to export the DAE instead.

Moving this thread to the development support forum.
06-09-2012, 05:14 PM
Find
Lucas Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Model exporting help!

I can't get it to work. Done exactly as you said, still no luck. I totally deleted everything that has anything to do with that model...

I dare not to try again without proper instructions, if somebody could write a step by step tutorial I'd be very grateful, thanks.
06-10-2012, 02:21 PM
Find