Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Purchased game through Humble Bundle, after update needs Serial Key
saraija Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Purchased game through Humble Bundle, after update needs Serial Key

I purchased the Humble Indie Bundle V about a week ago. I played through Amnesia: The Dark Descent and wanted to move on to Amnesia: Justine, but did not see the launch button. I downloaded the game update (1.7, I think) from the site and installed it. Now when I try to start the game, it asks for a serial key.

Is there a way to find this?

Should I uninstall completely and then reinstall?

Was the "Justine" button there all along, and I was too dumb to notice it?

Any help is appreciated.
06-11-2012, 12:34 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Purchased game through Humble Bundle, after update needs Serial Key

There is no version 1.7. The Humble Bundle brings (IIRC) at least version 1.2.1. The only update available from the FrictionalGames support page is version 1.2. So, you have officially downgraded your version of Amnesia. If you do not see the Justine button on the launcher, there is likely a work around for that with a certain argument being passed to Amnesia, but my memory fails me here.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2012, 03:30 AM by Your Computer.)
06-11-2012, 03:26 AM
Website Find
saraija Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Purchased game through Humble Bundle, after update needs Serial Key

(06-11-2012, 03:26 AM)Your Computer Wrote: There is no version 1.7. The Humble Bundle brings (IIRC) at least version 1.2.1. The only update available from the FrictionalGames support page is version 1.2. So, you have officially downgraded your version of Amnesia. If you do not see the Justine button on the launcher, there is likely a work around for that with a certain argument being passed to Amnesia, but my memory fails me here.
I guess I'll try uninstalling/reinstalling; I don't remember seeing the Justine button until after the "update" but I could have just missed it by not looking well enough.
06-11-2012, 06:48 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

The button is there in the HIB version, don't apply any old patches to the HIB version, you'll only end up with a game that wants a serial number Smile
06-11-2012, 07:22 AM
Website Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

(06-11-2012, 03:26 AM)Your Computer Wrote: There is no version 1.7. The Humble Bundle brings (IIRC) at least version 1.2.1. The only update available from the FrictionalGames support page is version 1.2. So, you have officially downgraded your version of Amnesia. If you do not see the Justine button on the launcher, there is likely a work around for that with a certain argument being passed to Amnesia, but my memory fails me here.

I think Amnesia.exe -ptest (I found it some time ago by playing with the exe arguments but I'm not sure)
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2012, 02:19 PM by plutomaniac.)
06-11-2012, 02:19 PM
Find