Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra Black Plague Scrolling graphical glitch
trendgame Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Penumbra Black Plague Scrolling graphical glitch

Hello!

I recently starter playing Penumbra: Black Plague and am encountering a graphical problem I cannot find a fix and Steam advised me to contact you.

The problem is during the game there are some horizontal graphical glitches occuring. They start at the top of the screen and slowly move down. It is most evident when they intersect with a straight vertical edge and as I spend a lot of time peeking around corners in this game this happens very often. I find this problem breaks my immersion in the game continually even though it does not prevent me playing the game.

I have tried adjusting all the graphical options and changing the resolution but nothing has impacted the problem. I play on an alienware m11x with a GeForce 335M graphics card. 4GB ram and an Genuine Intel ® CPU U7300 @ 1.30 GHz 1.30 GHz.

I've turned off all background programs to no effect.

Best regards,

Nick

PS Please find attached a DxDiag file taken moments before sending this email.

Attached Files
.txt   DxDiag.txt (Size: 24.57 KB / Downloads: 108)
06-11-2012, 11:07 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Penumbra Black Plague Scrolling graphical glitch

Make sure that vsync is enabled and you can also try to set to force vsync in the control panel for your graphics card and see if that helps.
06-11-2012, 11:23 AM
Website Find
cake :3 Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Penumbra Black Plague Scrolling graphical glitch

I am having the same problem with Amnesia.... Even though our graphics card are different i think the problems source is one. i have a geforce 9600 gt. Strange as it seems it not only happened me with amnesia and penumbra series i also experienced this graphical issue with Killing Floor but with none other games. Im starting to doubt my graphics card, but changing it is the last thing i wanna do. :/

Thanks it solved the problem <3
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2012, 11:31 AM by cake :3.)
06-11-2012, 11:27 AM
Find
trendgame Offline

OK I forced v-sync in the graphics card options and this seems to have fixed the issue for me.

control panel/Nvidia control panel

Many thanks! Looking forward to playing the rest of the game Smile
06-11-2012, 01:42 PM
Find