Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Screen + White Dot at Flashback
bionicle2809 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Black Screen + White Dot at Flashback

I have checked through various methods of fixing this, none of which have applied to my make and model of graphics card so (rather annoyingly) I decided to create an entirely new topic about it. Not the best decision, I know, but it was a last resort. I have Amnesia for steam, I am running the game on Vista 32-bit, I have a desktop (it's custom built), I have verified the integrity of the games cache with no results and the hpl file can be found attached to this post.

Now, details on the actual bug in question. Once I arrive at the Archives and inititate the first flashback of the game I hear Daniel talking and then, once he's finished talking, the screen goes black and a very small, white dot appears around about the centre of the screen. I'm aware that this is a common issue (not necessarily at this point in the game, but common never the less). From the hpl file, I could gather that this was the issue:

-------- Loading complete ---------
WARNING: Could not find player start node ''
ERROR: StartPos '' does not exist!
-------- END LOAD ---------

Edit: Solved. Wasn't a hardware issue after all - it just turns out I hadn't done the tasks in the right order. TBH, the game shouldn't let me do something in the wrong order if it means I can't continue at all because of it but... Oh well.

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 6.86 KB / Downloads: 107)
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2012, 01:14 AM by bionicle2809.)
06-11-2012, 07:40 PM
Find