Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue with black screen white dot
optionalgun Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Issue with black screen white dot

Hey,

This is my first post round these parts, so be gentle. I just got Amnesia with the Humble Indie Bundle, and started playing it yesterday.
When I first ran it, I got the black screen white dot issue as soon as the game started, so I came on here and found plutomaniac's "Have Disk" fix, which worked (thank you).

However, now whenever I start up my laptop, I get the following warning;
"The Catalyst Control Center is not supported by the driver version of your enabled graphics adapter. Please update your AMD graphics driver, or enable your AMD adapter using the Displays Manager."
So, I went on to the Displays Manager, right clicked my AMD graphics card, and tried to update it, but I was told I have the latest driver. Then I decided to go onto the AMD website and try to download the driver from there. I downloaded an autodetect program, and it told me there was a new driver to install, but during installation it stopped because it was incompatible with Catalyst Control Centre.
I then went and downloaded a driver from Lenovo, which apparently fixed the issue (the warning stopped appearing), but the Amnesia issue came back.
I know this is a long message, but I just thought I'd give you the most information I could Tongue
So yeah, that's the problem, and I was just wondering if anyone could tell me why this issue appearing, if I can fix it and still play Amnesia, or even if it's anything to worry about?
I'm running this on a;

Lenovo Ideapad G570
Windows 7 (64-bit)
Graphics cards are;
AMD Radeon HD7370M
Intel® HD Graphics 3000

Not sure if you need anymore details than that, but if so let me know. Thanks. Smile
06-12-2012, 04:43 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Issue with black screen white dot

Try that, it might tell you to update your AMD drivers:

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/wi...etect.aspx

that's what he hope it will do
06-12-2012, 05:01 PM
Find
optionalgun Offline

Threads: 1

(06-12-2012, 05:01 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: Try that, it might tell you to update your AMD drivers:

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/wi...etect.aspx

that's what he hope it will do
It found a driver to download, but during installation it stopped and came up with;

"AMD Catalyst Mobility cannot be downloaded due to incompatible hardware/software on your computer.

The version of your graphics adapter is not supported.

Please contact your notebook manufacturer for a graphics driver update."

That's what led me earlier on the Lenovo site to try and download it from there, which fixed the issue but brought back up the problem with the black screen and the white dot again. :\
06-12-2012, 05:08 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

attach the hpl.log file after trying to run the game
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2012, 07:03 PM by plutomaniac.)
06-12-2012, 07:03 PM
Find