Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friends playing my CS problem
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
Friends playing my CS problem

I have a custom which is totally playable. I have played it through a lot of times.
It is a very internal map (not sure if that word is correct
Only my friends would be able to play this CS because it is of my school and it is in Danish.

Now, my friend wanted to play it on his computer, so I put the folder (it's called "OE") in a .rar file
And transfered it to his computer.
He used to be able to play the normal amnesia, but now when he has my folder in the custom stories folder, he suddenly can't play amnesia anymore. It comes up with the error:
FATAL ERROR: No sound device detected. Check OpenAl (something like that)

Now I've been searching on this, and we tried download the OpenAl sdk. He did what he had to do with it, and then he was able to open amnesia, but my custom story wasn't there.
Later on he tried again, and now he gets the fatal error again..

What should we do?

Trying is the first step to success.
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2012, 11:15 PM by FlawlessHappiness.)
06-12-2012, 11:13 PM
Find
Ermu Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Friends playing my CS problem

(06-12-2012, 11:13 PM)beecake Wrote: I have a custom which is totally playable. I have played it through a lot of times.
It is a very internal map (not sure if that word is correct
Only my friends would be able to play this CS because it is of my school and it is in Danish.

Now, my friend wanted to play it on his computer, so I put the folder (it's called "OE") in a .rar file
And transfered it to his computer.
He used to be able to play the normal amnesia, but now when he has my folder in the custom stories folder, he suddenly can't play amnesia anymore. It comes up with the error:
FATAL ERROR: No sound device detected. Check OpenAl (something like that)

Now I've been searching on this, and we tried download the OpenAl sdk. He did what he had to do with it, and then he was able to open amnesia, but my custom story wasn't there.
Later on he tried again, and now he gets the fatal error again..

What should we do?
Do you have all the custom files you used in it in custom_stories/yourcs/? (ie. /maps/, /sounds/)
06-12-2012, 11:38 PM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79

"FATAL ERROR: No sound device detected" - Does that refer to his speakers or motherboard? Or did the Sounds / Music folders get corrupted?
06-12-2012, 11:57 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

This sounds to me to be something completely separate from your custom story. I think it was just timing. Sounds like your audio drivers could use some upgrading. Have you checked for any driver updates?
06-13-2012, 04:41 AM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

I don't know what it is referring to anything else than sound device (that is what it says)
We haven't checked for driver updates but we will do.
The folder was taken directly from my custom story map, dragged to my desktop, and then from there made ini a .rar file. I can't se the .map files directly, so I guess I will have to check them with the editor.

I do have 3 custom sounds in the CS, but they are placed exactly as they are placed in my folders. 2 is in sounds and 1 is in music, those in sounds has an .snt file too

EDIT: Ok, that fatal error only pops op randomly.. If it does he just have to open amnesia again. Then it works.

Now what we did for him to see my custom story was that i went to:

C:\Users\<my_username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files(x86)\ Amnesia - The Dark Descent\redist
and then copied everything from that place into his folder. (Same place) That worked

Trying is the first step to success.
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2012, 11:00 AM by FlawlessHappiness.)
06-13-2012, 07:02 AM
Find