Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Screen issue for a year now!
Messenger Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Black Screen issue for a year now!

1. What operating system do you have? Also 32-bit or 64-bit?
- 64-bit Windows 7

2. Is it a laptop or a desktop? If a laptop, what model?
- Custom build Desktop

3. Attach me here the file HPL.log found under Documents\Amnesia\Main folder.
- Done

Additional System Info.
Intel Core i7 920
12gb Ram
Nvidia GTX 295 - Latest Driver
Issue
I purchase this game last year however, everytime i enter the gameplay(just after the intro cutscene) the title crashes, sometimes i was able to bypass that by reinstalling the game, and no luck. It'll black screen during the 2nd room with tutorial about picking up an object.
This black screen issue makes my monitor disconnects with a text "No Signal" i can still hear music in the background looping normally without sounding like a broken record, but it is just a continuous loop of background music and i am forced to power off my desktop as accessing the task manager doesn't work.
I have tried everything that was mentioned in troubleshooting thread, reformatted my desktop and installed the old graphics driver, turned off the SSAO, turned off the vsync or triple buffering under control panel, turned off in-game trail marks, have everything in the Amnesia folder uncheck the read-only, and also booting the game as administrator. Please help me solve this issue without purchasing a new graphics card or pc.

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 3.53 KB / Downloads: 117)
06-13-2012, 07:44 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Black Screen issue for a year now!

Have you tried different resolutions and/or running the game in window mode?
06-13-2012, 10:26 AM
Website Find
Messenger Offline

(06-13-2012, 10:26 AM)jens Wrote: Have you tried different resolutions and/or running the game in window mode?

Yes sir! I have tried that also.
06-14-2012, 01:34 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

Play the game until it crashes (until you reach this second room) and then reattach the hpl.log so that, if there is any, I can see the errors.

Have you tried disabling the antivirus or checking the applications that interfere at the troubleshooting guide?
06-14-2012, 02:35 PM
Find
Messenger Offline

(06-14-2012, 02:35 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: Play the game until it crashes (until you reach this second room) and then reattach the hpl.log so that, if there is any, I can see the errors.

Have you tried disabling the antivirus or checking the applications that interfere at the troubleshooting guide?
I don't have any antivirus, and i turned off the firewall, pc is freshly formatted. I have no applications opened when running that game. Could it be that my graphics card is dying?
Uploaded a new HPL file.
-Thank you in advance.

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 3.65 KB / Downloads: 117)
06-17-2012, 08:19 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

maybe you have installed programs that interfere, check the troubleshooting guide to see some of them...
06-17-2012, 09:56 AM
Find
Messenger Offline

Hello!
When i formatted my pc, the first thing i did is windows update, then install steam before any other programs and softare and tried booting the game using an old driver. After that, i have tried a new driver and both result in a black screen.
I think maybe my graphics card is dying, i'm not really sure how to test that properly but since my motherboard doesn't have an integrated card, i'll have to buy a cheap one tomorrow and test it out.
06-19-2012, 12:35 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

do you have the latest drivers from Nvidia (June 18 I think)
06-19-2012, 12:57 AM
Find