Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The body in cistern intrance?
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
RE: The body in cistern intrance?

(06-14-2012, 09:29 PM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote:
Quote: - If you go to the cistern first, water horror won't be there and the room won't be engulfed by the shadown either after turning all the valves.
That's not a secret, it's an entirely random event
I thought this was already determined... this only happens if sanity is low enough

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
06-14-2012, 10:53 PM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

(06-14-2012, 10:53 PM)Damascus Rose Wrote:
Quote: - If you go to the cistern first, water horror won't be there and the room won't be engulfed by the shadown either after turning all the valves.
I thought this was already determined... this only happens if sanity is low enough
Yes, it's if your sanity is low enough, but even then it's still random, there's a random chance it'll happen or it won't
06-15-2012, 06:16 AM
Website Find
Putmalk Offline

Threads: 13

(06-15-2012, 06:16 AM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote:
Yes, it's if your sanity is low enough, but even then it's still random, there's a random chance it'll happen or it won't
Is there scripting proof of it being random or are you just talking from nowhere?

I can look at the scripts but I really don't want to.

06-15-2012, 04:18 PM
Find

(06-15-2012, 04:18 PM)Putmalk Wrote:
Is there scripting proof of it being random or are you just talking from nowhere?

Excuse me?

That was extremely rude, if you can't remain civil then I don't see why I should talk to you at all

I'm not just talking from nowhere, lots of other people have confirmed this before

But if you want proof, I've gone in the cistern with low sanity and had nothing happen, but other times with low sanity stuff has happened and water lurkers had appeared
06-15-2012, 06:49 PM
Website Find
JMFStorm Offline

Threads: 8

(06-15-2012, 06:49 PM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote:
(06-15-2012, 04:18 PM)Putmalk Wrote:
(06-14-2012, 09:29 PM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote: That's not a secret, it's an entirely random event

Excuse me?

That was extremely rude, if you can't remain civil then I don't see why I should talk to you at all

I'm not just talking from nowhere, lots of other people have confirmed this before

But if you want proof, I've gone in the cistern with low sanity and had nothing happen, but other times with low sanity stuff has happened and water lurkers had appeared

lol you can't find that one from the scripts. Only from level editor you can see the prop and it's properties, that is it a sanity entity that you only see when your sanity is low enough.

06-15-2012, 08:06 PM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

You guys sure there is a body in the Cistern Entrance? I've checked for it several times using Map Viewer and I did not find anything.

I only saw in Daniel's Room that there was bodies at the fireplace. (If you insanity is too low.)

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
06-16-2012, 05:54 AM
Find
cantremember Offline

Threads: 29

(06-16-2012, 05:54 AM)Macgyverthehero Wrote: You guys sure there is a body in the Cistern Entrance? I've checked for it several times using Map Viewer and I did not find anything.

I only saw in Daniel's Room that there was bodies at the fireplace. (If you insanity is too low.)
Oh another body that I didn't know about! Big Grin
If your sanity is low in the trancept there will also be a body in one of the cages that hang from the ceiling but I reckon everyone knew that one already.

To get to see the body in the Cistern Entrance I did it like so: Entering right from the prison gives you a sanity boost so I think that can screw it up. Enter the Cistern or another room and make your sanity drop, until it's "..." and the mouse movement becomes very sluggish. I sped up the process by saving and then editing the save to give me really low (5) sanity, and then loading the save and going back into the Cistern Entrance.

EDIT: Hmm I can't get the body in the guest room to appear even with low sanity?
(This post was last modified: 06-16-2012, 10:04 AM by cantremember.)
06-16-2012, 08:31 AM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

(06-16-2012, 08:31 AM)cantremember Wrote:
(06-16-2012, 05:54 AM)Macgyverthehero Wrote: You guys sure there is a body in the Cistern Entrance? I've checked for it several times using Map Viewer and I did not find anything.

Oh another body that I didn't know about! Big Grin
If your sanity is low in the trancept there will also be a body in one of the cages that hang from the ceiling but I reckon everyone knew that one already.

To get to see the body in the Cistern Entrance I did it like so: Entering right from the prison gives you a sanity boost so I think that can screw it up. Enter the Cistern or another room and make your sanity drop, until it's "..." and the mouse movement becomes very sluggish. I sped up the process by saving and then editing the save to give me really low (5) sanity, and then loading the save and going back into the Cistern Entrance.

EDIT: Hmm I can't get the body in the guest room to appear even with low sanity?
About your EDIT:

Maybe your sanity regenerates too quickly to see the bodies at the fireplace?

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
06-16-2012, 03:36 PM
Find
SonOfLiberty796 Offline

Threads: 39

I love how this thread is talking about secrets we ether knew or not knew about :p

But yes, I remember there being bodies in the room of Daniel's, but the sanity had to be low.
Wait... isn't there other things in that room (not just the bodies) if you have low sanity?
(This post was last modified: 06-16-2012, 06:12 PM by SonOfLiberty796.)
06-16-2012, 06:11 PM
Find

Quote: If your sanity is low in the trancept there will also be a body in one of the cages that hang from the ceiling but I reckon everyone knew that one already.
Pretty hard to not notice that one seeing as if you didn't see it before cause sanity was high, the torture rooms will lower it enough for you to seem them
06-16-2012, 06:28 PM
Website Find