Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Is the collaboration with TCR good or bad?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Good
82.61%
38 82.61%
?
8.70%
4 8.70%
Bad
8.70%
4 8.70%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Is the collaboration with TCR good or bad?
Khyrpa Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Is the collaboration with TCR good or bad?

(06-16-2012, 08:53 PM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote:
Quote:
Yeah sure The Chineseroom hurts AMFP's potential even when there would be no AMFP without them.
Why do you even think they feel like the gameplay of Dear Esther is good and works for survival horror? It was just an old experiment with games and storytelling.

Discussing about whats art does not belong here. My toilet is art.

AaMFP will be shit for you if you have an attitude like this.
Bullshit, Frictional could make the game without their help, to say there wouldn't be a game at all is absurd

And no, it won't be shit for me, I saw the trailer, I fully expect it to be amazing, this is just a result you NOT READING WHAT I ACTUALLY SAID

I said the potential of A Machine For Pigs won't be as great as it could have be if Frictional Games wasn't directly in charge if designing it, because they're ultimately in charge of the whole thing, it'll still be great, but it won't be as great as if they alone had designed it.

I didn't say it would be shit, or bad, or boring, or not scary, just that it wouldn't be as good as it could have been

Jebus christ

What? Relax?
Apparently I misinterpret your post, you didn't seem like you were expecting it to be amazing and your attitude seemed completely negative towards The Chineseroom.

You can comfort yourself with the fact that now FG has more time to design their next big title.

06-16-2012, 10:02 PM
Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 87
RE: Is the collaboration with TCR good or bad?

(06-16-2012, 10:02 PM)Khyrpa Wrote:
(06-16-2012, 08:53 PM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote:
Quote:
Yeah sure The Chineseroom hurts AMFP's potential even when there would be no AMFP without them.
Why do you even think they feel like the gameplay of Dear Esther is good and works for survival horror? It was just an old experiment with games and storytelling.

Discussing about whats art does not belong here. My toilet is art.

AaMFP will be shit for you if you have an attitude like this.
Bullshit, Frictional could make the game without their help, to say there wouldn't be a game at all is absurd

And no, it won't be shit for me, I saw the trailer, I fully expect it to be amazing, this is just a result you NOT READING WHAT I ACTUALLY SAID

I said the potential of A Machine For Pigs won't be as great as it could have be if Frictional Games wasn't directly in charge if designing it, because they're ultimately in charge of the whole thing, it'll still be great, but it won't be as great as if they alone had designed it.

I didn't say it would be shit, or bad, or boring, or not scary, just that it wouldn't be as good as it could have been

Jebus christ

What? Relax?
Apparently I misinterpret your post, you didn't seem like you were expecting it to be amazing and your attitude seemed completely negative towards The Chineseroom.

You can comfort yourself with the fact that now FG has more time to design their next big title.
well f*ck me... I make a thread not even 48 hours and I already have people starting up a flame war...

EDIT 1: took out the last bit... due to issues...

EDIT 2:

(06-16-2012, 07:56 PM)Traggey Wrote:
(06-16-2012, 07:54 PM)spukrian Wrote: The teaser trailer got me quite excited. With that said, I do think games should have gameplay. It's fine if someone makes games that are "art", but if you remove the gameplay from the game (like it seems they did in Dear Esther, I haven't actually played it) then I'd rather watch a movie, read a book or go to the museum to look at pottery.
Dear Esther was an experiment, they wanted to test if a game like such would still sell. And it did.

Oh boy now we have a mod. in the argument... this is not going to end well. Any way people will buy almost any thing that looks shiny but that does not mean it is always going to be good... just look at all the mac users who claim bullshit that they normally cannot back...

(This post was last modified: 06-17-2012, 06:31 AM by darkely.)
06-17-2012, 06:24 AM
Find