Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Story Won't Work
WASD Offline

Threads: 6
Custom Story Won't Work

I'm still in the very early stages of getting my level working, however, I have created a starting point and area, along with the .jpg image that should go along with it. I'm pretty sure I have my scripting correct, but for some reason, it won't show up under custom stories when I run Amnesia! I've downloaded a custom story, and that has appeared, and have based my basic scripting off of the way the other person did it, but used my files and start areas, etc. instead. Is there something that I'm doing wrong?
06-15-2012, 02:40 AM
Find
Rownbear Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Custom Story Won't Work

(06-15-2012, 02:40 AM)WASD Wrote: I'm still in the very early stages of getting my level working, however, I have created a starting point and area, along with the .jpg image that should go along with it. I'm pretty sure I have my scripting correct, but for some reason, it won't show up under custom stories when I run Amnesia! I've downloaded a custom story, and that has appeared, and have based my basic scripting off of the way the other person did it, but used my files and start areas, etc. instead. Is there something that I'm doing wrong?
make sure your custom_story_settings.cfg has the right name of the starting map, otherwise it wont show up in the customstory list

06-15-2012, 02:59 AM
Find
WASD Offline

(06-15-2012, 02:59 AM)Rownbear Wrote:
(06-15-2012, 02:40 AM)WASD Wrote: I'm still in the very early stages of getting my level working, however, I have created a starting point and area, along with the .jpg image that should go along with it. I'm pretty sure I have my scripting correct, but for some reason, it won't show up under custom stories when I run Amnesia! I've downloaded a custom story, and that has appeared, and have based my basic scripting off of the way the other person did it, but used my files and start areas, etc. instead. Is there something that I'm doing wrong?
make sure your custom_story_settings.cfg has the right name of the starting map, otherwise it wont show up in the customstory list
does it needed to be named custom_story_settings.cfg? Mine just says document.cfg. Also, what do you have your .cfg open with? I open mine with wordpad. Is that right?
06-15-2012, 03:23 AM
Find
Demondays1 Offline

Threads: 7

(06-15-2012, 03:23 AM)WASD Wrote:
(06-15-2012, 02:59 AM)Rownbear Wrote:
does it needed to be named custom_story_settings.cfg? Mine just says document.cfg. Also, what do you have your .cfg open with? I open mine with wordpad. Is that right?
WASD, tell me your skype name so I can add you and ill help you all the way Tongue

Intel HD Lag fix: tiny.cc/pyv1gw
06-15-2012, 03:30 AM
Find
WASD Offline

I don't have a skype unfortunately, even if I did, my connection is way to slow (hughes net) so I SOL when it comes to that. Sad
06-15-2012, 03:33 AM
Find
Demondays1 Offline

Threads: 7

(06-15-2012, 03:33 AM)WASD Wrote: I don't have a skype unfortunately, even if I did, my connection is way to slow (hughes net) so I SOL when it comes to that. Sad
Hmm ok, yes you need custom_story_settings.cfg and make sure you have it exactly like mine:

<Main

Name = "Revenge"
Author = "Demondays1"

MapsFolder = "maps/"
StartMap = "Map1.map"
StartPos = "PlayerStartArea_1"

/>

Just make sure you replace everything like name, author to yourself
Name = name of the Custom story
Author = who made it
MapsFolder = where the map is located it at (maps/ is recommended)
StartMap = where the map starts at
StartPos = where the starting point is HIGHLY RECOMMEND LEAVING IT TO PLAYERSTARTAREA!

Intel HD Lag fix: tiny.cc/pyv1gw
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2012, 03:36 AM by Demondays1.)
06-15-2012, 03:36 AM
Find
WASD Offline

(06-15-2012, 03:36 AM)Demondays1 Wrote:
(06-15-2012, 03:33 AM)WASD Wrote: I don't have a skype unfortunately, even if I did, my connection is way to slow (hughes net) so I SOL when it comes to that. Sad
Hmm ok, yes you need custom_story_settings.cfg and make sure you have it exactly like mine:

Name = "Revenge"
Author = "Demondays1"

MapsFolder = "maps/"
StartMap = "Map1.map"
StartPos = "PlayerStartArea_1"

/>

Just make sure you replace everything like name, author to yourself
Name = name of the Custom story
Author = who made it
MapsFolder = where the map is located it at (maps/ is recommended)
StartMap = where the map starts at
StartPos = where the starting point is HIGHLY RECOMMEND LEAVING IT TO PLAYERSTARTAREA!

Everything is the same, with the exception of an added ImgFile underneath author, for the starting picture. Also, the person who's code I was basing it off of used tab for each one, with the exception of of MapsFolder, which was a few behind, but I'll try it like yours and see if it works, unfortunately, I can't try it until tomorrow.
06-15-2012, 03:40 AM
Find