Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking floor
bartimeus Offline

Threads: 6
Breaking floor

Hi
I wonder if it's possible to make a path that the player uses and which broke when he step on it. In my case I'm trying to make a bridge made of planks, the problem is that I can't walk on it...
So, is there a way to make the player able to walk on the planks, and if it's possible, how can I break them?

Thanks for your answers Smile
06-16-2012, 05:41 PM
Find
SilentHideButFine Offline

Threads: 38
RE: Breaking floor

(06-16-2012, 05:41 PM)bartimeus Wrote: Hi
I wonder if it's possible to make a path that the player uses and which broke when he step on it. In my case I'm trying to make a bridge made of planks, the problem is that I can't walk on it...
So, is there a way to make the player able to walk on the planks, and if it's possible, how can I break them?

Ofc you can , add my skype and i help you out!!
@wowhasse1

[url= http://www.moddb.com/mods/jessehmusic [/url] ,HOSPITAL OF HORROR MOD
06-17-2012, 02:12 AM
Find
bartimeus Offline

(06-17-2012, 02:12 AM)SilentHideButFine Wrote:
(06-16-2012, 05:41 PM)bartimeus Wrote: Hi

Ofc you can , add my skype and i help you out!!
@wowhasse1
Thanks, but I prefer a written answer...
06-17-2012, 02:29 AM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

You should be able to use wooden_boards_block to make the bridge. You'll want to also put inactive wooden_boards_block_broken in the same spot. All you need to do then is have a collide callback set up (AddEntityCollideCallback) with a few areas. Have these callbacks trigger SetEntityActive(Set the regular boards inactive and the broken ones active) You can use CreateParticleSystemAtEntity and PlaySoundAtEntity to make it fancier if you so choose.

If you simply cannot walk on the boards properly, just put a multiple block boxes down and set those inactive with the boards as they break.

06-17-2012, 04:34 AM
Find
bartimeus Offline

Thanks Smile I haven't think of adding some block boxes!!! It help me alot!
06-17-2012, 04:41 AM
Find