Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Help finding Sulfur (spoilers)
Croft465 Offline

Threads: 1
Help finding Sulfur (spoilers)

OK, I've found all the other chemicals for the antidote, but can't find the Sulfur. I've seriously spent like half an hour looking for it. Has anybody found it?
02-13-2008, 10:23 PM
Find
SpannerMagnet Offline

RE: Help finding Sulfur (spoilers)

It's in the research lab. Look behind books/barrels.. everything. You'll find it.

"I never felt truly alive until I was staring death in the face"
02-13-2008, 10:26 PM
Find
NeroAngelos Offline

Threads: 3

Croft465 Wrote:OK, I've found all the other chemicals for the antidote, but can't find the Sulfur. I've seriously spent like half an hour looking for it. Has anybody found it?

Spoiler below!
Can't remember where it is exactly but all the chemicals are in the examination rooms, look everywhere, behind books etc
02-13-2008, 10:26 PM
Find
Janakev Offline

This had me stumped too, and you'll kick yourself when you see it.
Spoiler below!
When you enter the examination room there is a door to your right, go through this and facing that direction there will be a desk on your right. There is a line of, I think, three books on the desk and behind these is the jar of sulfur.
02-13-2008, 10:39 PM
Find
Croft465 Offline

Thanks guys. (Proceeds with self-kicking) Man this game is awesome!
02-14-2008, 12:36 AM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30

I understand this has to be poured in, in some proper order. is there some sequence with those 6 buttons? I must be getting close to the end, right?
02-14-2008, 01:57 AM
Find
Janakev Offline

Jeremy-Bailey Wrote:I understand this has to be poured in, in some proper order. is there some sequence with those 6 buttons? I must be getting close to the end, right?

The note detailing how to make the antidote gives the sequence for the buttons. Remember, though, that the top left is 1 and the bottom right starts at 4 (as detailed in the note).
If you're still stuck just let me know.

EDIT: Just taken a screencap and put in some numbers to show the sequence, it's easier than trying to explain.
Spoiler below!
[Image: Sequence.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2008, 02:11 AM by DieterWeber35.)
02-14-2008, 02:03 AM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30

I finally figured it out on my own, as I jotted things down. I then went with this one last idea, and at the end I thought I goofed; only to find out I did it right.
02-14-2008, 04:16 AM
Find
RayMarden Offline

Threads: 4

Spoiler below!
[Image: Sequence.jpg]

Isn't that picture off?

Spoiler below!
For how I read it, the numbers are such:

Top row: 1 - 2 - 3
Bottom row: 6 - 5 - 4

At least that is what worked for me.

For the general puzzle, you have to keep two things in mind: the slots the various chemicals are inside the machine and the order in which you need to use them.

Think of it this way:

Slot 1: Acetone
Slot 2: Chlorine
Slot 3: Sulphur
Slot 4: Iodine
Slot 5: Nitrogen
Slot 6: Bromine

Those are the slots/positions those chemicals are stored in the machine. However, we still need to mix them in the right order.

The order is Chlorine, Acetone, Iodine, Bromine, Nitrogen, and then Sulphur as the last chemical.

Then you corresond that with the numbers on the machines. In essence, we need to press the buttons for slots 2, 1, 4, 6, 5, and then 3.

I am just typing this from my little note when I read all that. Hopefully I have it all in the right order, else I'm really going to confuse people! At the very least, it should help explain the puzzle a bit.
02-14-2008, 06:53 AM
Find
Janakev Offline

RayMarden Wrote:Isn't that picture off?

I probably should have explained that it's the order in which the buttons are to be activated. It was pretty late and I wasn't thinking straight. Sorry.
02-14-2008, 11:54 AM
Find