Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Do you think I should even bother with returning to Realm of Another Ch.2?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
50.00%
1 50.00%
No
0%
0 0%
I Don't care
50.00%
1 50.00%
Yes, but make Adder Halls first
0%
0 0%
Total 2 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Announcement Adder Halls (With demo video)
DaAinGame Offline

Threads: 11
Adder Halls (With demo video)

I am a mind of many changes. As some may know, I DID announce my WIP on RoA:Ch2, but I had changed my mind. Adder Halls is now being made into it's own new series. I liked the idea of where I was going with it so much, that I've decided to work full time on it, and go for at least an hour of gameplay in its first part. It features puzzles, unique level layouts, voice actors, flashbacks, use of particle systems, and (drum roll) No Teleporting Naked Guys or other predictable jump scares. While this is its 3rd day in progress, and I have already ran into a few issues (should be fixed easily), I will be looking for at least 5 suitable Beta Testers. As of now, I may already have 1, so if you wanna try it, better reply quick!
Spoiler below!

As a tourist, you found your stay at the mystical Adder Halls very enjoyable, although a creepy feeling filled you. With being one of the most haunted, and dangerous mansions in the world, paranormal researches constantly flooded the mansion, until it was recently deemed unsafe to enter at night. Now here you are... Trapped inside, with a sharp pain in your right side. You must escape...

I apologize for anyone who was looking forward to Realm of Another Ch.2, but I could not think of how to go about it. I have assembled a small crew of 2 helping me on this project, although I do nearly 95% of the work. They are just there for beta testing and Voice acting. I have already had a few issues in my .lang file, which I'm unsure of the reason, but I'm not quite ready to post a thread in support yet, seeing as how I KNOW how to do this, it's just not cooperating.

I appreciate you taking the time to read this, and please, feel free to leave a reply below on your feelings. It always keeps me motivated to work faster and harder if I have people to please.

Demo video over what I have so far, explaining why it's there and what is planned in the future. This video DOES contain a lot of talking and spoilers.

***PLEASE NOTE*** Not everything in the video is final and subject to change. I've already begun making modifications and tweaking everything. As for those bugs seen in the video, already fixed and dealt away with, other then the door liking to slam back shut.

SPOILER! Just coded in the first "Experience"
Big thanks to Measuring for the awesome new enemy. http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-15304.html

Realm Of Another Chapter 1: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-14142.html
Realm Of Another Chapter 2: Postponed
Adder Halls: 5%
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2012, 07:27 PM by DaAinGame.)
06-17-2012, 09:03 AM
Find
DaAinGame Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Adder Halls

Just got done making a demo video for the story. Will be uploading it and posting it very soon! (****WARNING IT INVOLVES A LOT OF TALKING***) Also, if anyone would like to beta test, now is your chance! Between all my projects I can really only test out simple things on my story, to make sure that the flow of the story and the key points of the story are working correctly. It is not confirmed yet, but I may also require one or two more voice actors if anyone is interested. If I do decide to include it I will need a female and someone who can act like a smaller child. It isn't required to release the story, but it will hopefully add some more character to it. These voice actors, however, will not be needed for a while.

Also some more details about the story: The story will require AT LEAST an hour of your time to play and complete. Exploring and doing everything will hopefully require at least an hour and a half though. Has some hidden "easter eggs" for all of those "bros" out there. See if you can't find one on every level. (Just adds some fun to the story.) Voice acting. Also I did mention I had a small crew working with me, that is no longer true, so the story is back to just me.

Realm Of Another Chapter 1: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-14142.html
Realm Of Another Chapter 2: Postponed
Adder Halls: 5%
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2012, 09:55 PM by DaAinGame.)
07-02-2012, 09:49 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
RE: Adder Halls

Please edit your original post instead of double posting.
07-02-2012, 10:22 PM
Find