Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Script Help Crowbar unlocks a closet, doesen't work.
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6
RE: Crowbar unlocks a closet, doesen't work.

Okay. I made a map consisting of 1 cabinet (cabinet_nice.ent) named "cabinet" and locked it.
I placed one crowbar on the ground (crowbar.ent) named "CrowbarForCabinet".

With the revised version of the script, I tested it and it works perfectly as intended. This leads me to believe there is something wrong with the parts you chose in the level editor. Make 100% sure all names are correct. Also, there are 4 types of crowbars in the editor, make sure you are using the proper one (crowbar.ent). (NOT broken, dyn or joint).

Also, if you're having any additional errors, please post them. If it does not work, please describe to me in vivid detail exactly what you're doing in game.

I rate it 3 memes.
06-18-2012, 12:14 PM
Find
MaZiCUT Offline

Threads: 31

(06-18-2012, 12:14 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote: Okay. I made a map consisting of 1 cabinet (cabinet_nice.ent) named "cabinet" and locked it.

With the revised version of the script, I tested it and it works perfectly as intended. This leads me to believe there is something wrong with the parts you chose in the level editor. Make 100% sure all names are correct. Also, there are 4 types of crowbars in the editor, make sure you are using the proper one (crowbar.ent). (NOT broken, dyn or joint).

Also, if you're having any additional errors, please post them. If it does not work, please describe to me in vivid detail exactly what you're doing in game.
ok thank you, i'm going to go over the parts ingame carefully.

(06-18-2012, 12:14 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote: Okay. I made a map consisting of 1 cabinet (cabinet_nice.ent) named "cabinet" and locked it.

dammit it doesen't work, all the parts are right i've doubblechecked everything, the scripts and all but i have one possible thing.

Could this be for the popup message or the memento you get when you touch the closet and you get a memento to open it, and could it be the popup message?
I'm sending you the whole script in PM.

fuck this shit (temporarly) i'm going to sleep over with my friend for 2 days to atleast have some goddemn fun Big Grin

Hi.
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2012, 12:48 PM by MaZiCUT.)
06-18-2012, 12:16 PM
Website Find
SilentStriker Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 26

Have you taken a look at my Crowbar tutorial? (It's for a door but it's almost the same thing)

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...#pid137897

06-18-2012, 06:22 PM
Find