Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The School of the Dead...Brain Dead
nathanmcb Offline

Threads: 6
The School of the Dead...Brain Dead

Hello, I am in the middle of making an Amnesia Custom Story, It is based on the school I go to and wanted to promote it.
You can find the trailer here

This Custom Story adds together the jump scares and the tension building
scares. compared to the real thing the trailer is nothing.

I'd like to thank Galt Aureus for allowing the use of the song Monolith.

If you would like to help with the Custom story please message me on youtube, here or at nathanmcb1@gmail.com.
06-19-2012, 03:52 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
RE: The School of the Dead...Brain Dead

Some critique to help ya improve on this.

The levels look very bland, they need much more detail.

The lighting is very off, I could see light sipping through the walls which is never a good thing.
Things like bright red rooms are NOT scary, it just looks odd.

And as for jumpscares do remember to actually make some sense out of them, random scares that are just there for no other reason but to scare you are much on amateur level

Good luck with this.
06-19-2012, 04:05 PM
Find
nathanmcb Offline

(06-19-2012, 04:05 PM)Traggey Wrote: Some critique to help ya improve on this.

The levels look very bland, they need much more detail.

The lighting is very off, I could see light sipping through the walls which is never a good thing.
Things like bright red rooms are NOT scary, it just looks odd.

And as for jumpscares do remember to actually make some sense out of them, random scares that are just there for no other reason but to scare you are much on amateur level

Good luck with this.
The lighting is bland because this set was made for the video, on the real thing it will look a lot more beautiful Smile
and my school is bland hehe but I promise it will look a lot better on the real story Smile
06-19-2012, 04:09 PM
Find
Theforgot3n1 Offline

Threads: 20

That tunnel was interesting BUT you really need to make it seem more natural. It was squared too much. Make rocks, pebbles, holes with more rocks. Use a LOT of planes for it. That is my critique. It can look so awesome!

PS: Some scare including rock rumbling would be good. Should just be tension building.

Confusion: a Custom Story - Ch1 for play!
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-15477.html
About 50% built.
Delayed for now though!
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2012, 10:15 AM by Theforgot3n1.)
06-20-2012, 09:41 AM
Website Find
nathanmcb Offline

(06-20-2012, 09:41 AM)Theforgot3n1 Wrote: That tunnel was interesting BUT you really need to make it seem more natural. It was squared too much. Make rocks, pebbles, holes with more rocks. Use a LOT of planes for it. That is my critique. It can look so awesome!

PS: Some scare including rock rumbling would be good. Should just be tension building.
I am going to in the real thing, this was a quick design of whats to come Smile
06-20-2012, 06:01 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

A trailer is ment to represent what to come, why would you create a trailer if all you're responding with towards our critique is that it's not what it'll be like in ''the real thing''.
That defeats the purpose of a trailer.
06-20-2012, 07:19 PM
Find
nathanmcb Offline

(06-20-2012, 07:19 PM)Traggey Wrote: A trailer is ment to represent what to come, why would you create a trailer if all you're responding with towards our critique is that it's not what it'll be like in ''the real thing''.
That defeats the purpose of a trailer.
I'll be adding these rooms into the game but I wanted people opinions on if I should make the story or not.... understand?

and it does represent whats to come but trailers a like betas. they wont stay exactly the same
06-20-2012, 07:28 PM
Find