Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

more openal.dll error
vlanderson Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: more openal.dll error

yesss! finally it works! this guy is right! u just have to install the game with openal thingy... everything will work Big Grin ... c ya I'll be playn now!
02-19-2008, 04:17 PM
Find
Luis Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 19

Well, it seems the problem is caused by a outdated 'openal32.dll' file inside your game folder. The game chooses to use this dll over the system one, so if it's an older version, it won't work. This file should not be there. 'wrap_oal.dll' can also be safely removed, that way the game will use the latest OpenAL dll's installed.

So, those of you who haven't tried the solution JackaBot147 posted, make sure that there is no 'openal32.dll' in your game redist folder, and that you install the latest OpenAL redistributable (which can be found here).

If it keeps failing after that, then please please please report it. With your help I hope all these issues will be fixed someday.

Also, if it works, please report it too Tongue

@Schwarze Pest, you're most probably right, as IIRC the Audigy drivers ship with a native OpenAL driver (ct_oal.dll). You should find these dll's (openal32.dll, wrap_oal.dll -and ct_oal.dll in your case-) in the Windows/System32 folder. If they're not there, then your computer is doing some kind of magic I would be afraid of Tongue

EOF
02-20-2008, 05:30 PM
Find
dikh Offline

JackaBot147 - thanks a lot, your post is awesome, it help me a lot.
02-23-2008, 08:37 AM
Find
ympanson Offline

Threads: 1

after i install the game when it asks me if i want to install Openal i get an error Sad and the OpenAL Installer dosnt work, says: its not a proper Win32-program

maybe its because i use Windows Vista?
02-24-2008, 09:05 PM
Find
Luis Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 19

Maybe your copy of that file is corrupted. Install the game with the OpenAL checkbox unchecked, download the OAL installer from here, and try to run it. Let's see if that helps Smile

EOF
02-24-2008, 09:37 PM
Find
ympanson Offline

Threads: 1

Luis Wrote:Maybe your copy of that file is corrupted. Install the game with the OpenAL checkbox unchecked, download the OAL installer from here, and try to run it. Let's see if that helps Smile

omg, that fixed it! ive been trying to figure out how to fix it for months now when it was such a simple thingSmile thanks a bunch
03-23-2008, 11:52 AM
Find
DuNkiller Offline

JackaBot147 Wrote:I registered, just to say it. I had the same problem. The ASource or something. I deleted the "wrap_oal.dll" with "OpenAL32.dll", And it works for me. If it doesn't work. First: Install the Game with the OpenAL32. Second: Try to start the game. If you get the message, delete these 2 files. NOT BEFORE THE START OF THE GAME! Well, I hope it helped you, as it helped me. Peace! !!!Make sure you backup these 2 files!!!

when i reinstall "OpenAL" i got this message: Some openAL files were in use-- a reboot
will be required to complete installation.
but when the reboot is done, it's all the same again, nothing is changed..i can't find the "wrap_oal.dll" or "OpenAL32.dll",how can i ifind these files??
11-01-2008, 01:49 PM
Find