Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
entity items
SilentStriker Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 26
RE: entity items

Do you know how to do it? I would guess this is the way to go http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM8cMhPw_d8&feature=plcp

But if you spawn the key from the container it is named key_study or study_key (can't remember)

06-23-2012, 12:37 AM
Find
lothabread Offline

Threads: 11

(06-23-2012, 12:37 AM)SilentStriker Wrote: Do you know how to do it? I would guess this is the way to go http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM8cMhPw_d8&feature=plcp

But if you spawn the key from the container it is named key_study or study_key (can't remember)
i know how to rename the keys but it seems different if i spawn the key from the entity.

(06-23-2012, 12:37 AM)SilentStriker Wrote: Do you know how to do it? I would guess this is the way to go http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM8cMhPw_d8&feature=plcp

the video didn't really help Confused this is more complicated now cuz i dont know how to see the name of the key or change its subname
(This post was last modified: 06-23-2012, 01:09 AM by lothabread.)
06-23-2012, 12:41 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

I think the name given to the item is suffixed with "_item". In other words, if you have a vase named "vase_1", the item that falls out of it when it breaks should be "vase_1_item".

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
06-23-2012, 05:13 AM
Website Find
lothabread Offline

In this story, you are daniel, and you must save your uncle jim from the evil wrath of the[br]BARRELS!! but to get to the the safe zone (the basement) you must solve a number of puzzles and go through some mazes[br]all while avoiding your enemies[br]Have Fun. and be sure to explore carefully.[br][br]One last thing, this map is not yet finished so expext things to be[br]sucked into walls/floors and items not working which is not probable[br]if you do find anything wrong please look me up on moddb and message me[br]- Lotha-Bread

Bedroom Key
the key to the bedroom
Maze Key
Key to the Maze.
Exit Door Key
The key to exit this maze
gate key
key to the first gate
first door key
key to the first door
second door key
key to the second door
third door key
key to the third door

Instructions
Daniel, this is your uncle Jim.[br]You must get to the basement quickly! i've gone ahead of you so hurry quickly, beware the barrels will[br]try to stop you. To get to the basement, you must go through a number of puzzles and mazes.[br]Also make sure to look around carefully. be careful.
thank you
Thank you for playing what i have done of this map so far. i would really appreciate it if[br]you were to leave me a comment on what you thought of it or want to see in it on my moddb profile page.[br]well i hope you enjoyed this and be sure to check for updates[br]- Lotha-Bread
Daniel
Daniel, in order to leave this hall way i've hidden keys in all the rooms, one unlocking the other. until you get the the final room will you get the key to the exit, which will appear after getting the last key, but ive hidden it, good luck

exit door.

well thats my whole .lang file and i still cant seem to get it to work
06-23-2012, 08:33 AM
Find
SilentStriker Offline
Posting Freak

If it as YourComputer said the code for the .lang would be

<Entry Name="ItemName_wood_box02_breakable_1_item">Bedroom Key</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_wood_box02_breakable_1_item">Key to the Bedroom</Entry>

I would guess

06-23-2012, 10:57 AM
Find
lothabread Offline

so this would be fine then right?

<Entry Name="ItemName_storage_box_wood01_16_item">third door key</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_storage_box_wood01_16_item">key to the third door</Entry>
(This post was last modified: 06-23-2012, 03:33 PM by lothabread.)
06-23-2012, 03:32 PM
Find
SilentStriker Offline
Posting Freak

Try it

06-23-2012, 04:02 PM
Find
lothabread Offline

still cant get it to work Tongue hmm does it have to be a container? im using a storage box, so im wondering if that makes a difference
06-23-2012, 06:23 PM
Find
Cruzore Offline

Threads: 2

Just try it with a vase. if it works, you know it doesn't work with a storage box. Tongue
It probably works with a entity under the tab container only. But since I could never destroy a wooden box or barrel per hand, you should use a vase.
06-23-2012, 06:27 PM
Find
lothabread Offline

hmm alright then. :O be back in a bit if it doesnt work out ^^

well :/ im still just getting machine room key for the name, and i cant find any tutorials for it either
(This post was last modified: 06-23-2012, 07:06 PM by lothabread.)
06-23-2012, 06:29 PM
Find