Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Imported pictures don't show up in-game, PLEASE help D;
Wrathborn771 Offline

Threads: 10
Imported pictures don't show up in-game, PLEASE help D;

Hi,
I have made a thread a few days ago asking how I import pictures into a custom story (http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-16352.html), but I've stopped getting answers a few days ago, and my deadline is getting tighter and tighter..
If you please could take a few minutes of your life and read that thread and try to help me, it would mean the world for me. Smile

So this is how I have it right now:
I've got 2 pictures, I've opened ModelEditor and made a SolidDefuse of both of them, and created two .mat files for them. I then copy+pasted them in my ´billboards´folder in my custom story redist, with both the .dds pictures and the .mat files.
I opened LevelEditor and pressed O, which opens the decal-tab, and I browsed to the ´billboards´folder in the Amnesia redist, then selecting one of the pictures and finally put it on both the wall and floor. None showed up. I went to the LevelEditor again and tried with the other picture, that didn't work either.

So now I'm here at the forums again, looking for help.
Thank you for reading this, I really appreciate your time.

Cheers
-Wrathborn
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2012, 11:34 PM by Wrathborn771.)
06-23-2012, 02:22 PM
Find
Wrathborn771 Offline

RE: Imported pictures don't show up in-game, PLEASE help D;

PLEASE FFS IT HAS PASSED THREE DAYS NOW!! I'M RUNNING OUT OF TIME! ;(
06-24-2012, 08:41 PM
Find
MaZiCUT Offline

Threads: 31

Are you dying? you've got plenty of time if not.

Hi.
06-24-2012, 08:57 PM
Website Find
Wrathborn771 Offline

(06-24-2012, 08:57 PM)CrazyArts Wrote: Are you dying? you've got plenty of time if not.
I'm doing a birthday surprise for a rather famous YouTuber, I really want it to be done one or two days before he turns 29, it's around 10 days left to that.

So please, can you help me??
06-24-2012, 09:29 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

If you're not getting any help that probably means noone knows what's wrong, and cursing isn't going to help you!

You should learn how to properly set up textures for game usage before starting to take up projects like these.
06-24-2012, 10:59 PM
Find
Wrathborn771 Offline

(06-24-2012, 10:59 PM)Traggey Wrote: If you're not getting any help that probably means noone knows what's wrong, and cursing isn't going to help you!

You should learn how to properly set up textures for game usage before starting to take up projects like these.
I already figured it out, thanks for the help tho.
06-24-2012, 11:20 PM
Find