Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Idea that nobody so far had implemented - Read before giving conclusions!
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39
Idea that nobody so far had implemented - Read before giving conclusions!

My idea would be that a function would trigger on a place, where you have to find something hidden, like a key or a book. The particularity is that this function would kill the monotony in a place that you know like your pockets because you've been searching for this hidden object there. That would be one of the scariest things because it's completely unexpected, because when you search for something in a place YOU KNOW that, if you don't do something visible, anything would happen and you feel SAFE. My idea is to kill the safeness with some function you trigger by doing something that you don't even know you have done; Like a sequence of areas and every area has got a new timer that limits another area to be triggered. When you get to the final area, a scare-function would trigger and you won't even know what you've done to trigger it also because you've crossed that place like over 9000 times.

That would be actually a nice idea IMO and I would hear some comments from you guys! Big Grin

EDIT: READ MY SECOND POST. great way to ruin a thingie i've wanted to write for weeks isn't it? If you guys don't understand what I said don't try to explain it. Thanks. CrazyArts is wrong about my idea.

listen to boards of canada
(This post was last modified: 06-23-2012, 09:11 PM by Hardarm.)
06-23-2012, 07:53 PM
Website Find
Unearthlybrutal Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 12
RE: Idea that nobody so far had implemented

Very brilliant and useful idea! Smile

When Life No Longer Exists
Full-conversion mod
06-23-2012, 08:03 PM
Website Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

Can you please further explain this to me? It just seems like the classic "pick up a key, grunt appears", except adding a few timers. To me, the way you word it and the comparisons you choose reduce the clarity of it : /

I rate it 3 memes.
06-23-2012, 08:12 PM
Find
MaZiCUT Offline

Threads: 31

(06-23-2012, 08:12 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote: Can you please further explain this to me? It just seems like the classic "pick up a key, grunt appears", except adding a few timers. To me, the way you word it and the comparisons you choose reduce the clarity of it : /
Basicly you go to a place with an area or an item that you pick up, and go back through the place you know like your pockets cause you've been there so much, to get to a door, basicly when you go through the place to get to the door the place will be fucked up and scary and killing the monotony

Hi.
06-23-2012, 08:17 PM
Website Find
mattwestwick Offline

Threads: 6

That doesn't seem new.

Seem to remember quite a few hallucinations in archives that only appear when revisiting some areas.
06-23-2012, 08:23 PM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

READ THIS:
No you guys don't understand, but i'm too noob to explain this by script, i'll propose one of my ways to get this scare done. Basically there is a maze. in this maze you have to find an object. I'll add plenty of areas on the maze, like 10. A call back is activated and to get this scare done you have to collide with an area. Then after colliding that area you have to collide another random one in less than 15 seconds. Then after you collided with that one another 10 seconds to collide with another one. It'll keep going until you get a scare generated from the last area. If you don't collide the next step within the timer you'll have to start back and there is timer that will activate the first callback once again.
THE THING IS the actual player DOESN'T KNOW of the areas, as they aren't highlighted in any ways inside the game. It's just a way to kill the safeness. You could make even more scares in a row like this using the same areas and that would even improve the effect. This could be even a punishment to people who basically rush instead of looking around slowly, because the next area has to be achieved within the timer activated from the previous area, and the timer can be short if you want to punish people who rush. When you have to find an object and you've been through this maze a SHITLOAD of times you don't expect anything because the player KNOWS that there isn't anything that would trigger a scare there and he feels SAFE.

More are the areas and more the scare will be hidden and harder to achieve.

CrazyArts is TOTALLY wrong.

If you still don't get this then don't blame on me.

(This post was last modified: 06-23-2012, 08:59 PM by Hardarm.)
06-23-2012, 08:30 PM
Website Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Idea that nobody so far had implemented - Read before giving conclusions!

This is an idea i've been working on, but mine depends on repetitive action of investigation without any items and without any "hidden" areas. My project is currently postponed due to entity animation issues. I already have the system planned out and the map laid out (though, not in the shape of a maze), but unless i overcome this animation issue, it won't have the same effect.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 06-23-2012, 09:42 PM by Your Computer.)
06-23-2012, 09:41 PM
Website Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Idea that nobody so far had implemented - Read before giving conclusions!

(06-23-2012, 09:41 PM)Your Computer Wrote: This is an idea i've been working on, but mine depends on repetitive action of investigation without any items and without any "hidden" areas. My project is currently postponed due to entity animation issues. I already have the system planned out and the map laid out (though, not in the shape of a maze), but unless i overcome this animation issue, it won't have the same effect.
Nice, i'm looking forward for it.
But you see, the "area sequence" idea is one of the easiest i've came up in mind, and it's one of the easiest to execute, kind of.

06-23-2012, 09:51 PM
Website Find