Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need a bit of help. Amnesia won't run.
Dubby Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Need a bit of help. Amnesia won't run.

I bought the Humble Bundle off the website and enjoyed Amnesia for maybe a week or so. I then decided to download some custom campaigns to maybe add something new to the entire thing, but once I added the Justine update to the game, it asks for a serial code after the launch sequence ( For both normal and the add-on ) and since then it will not run at all one bit. Please if you can give a bit of help it would be greatly appreciated.
06-28-2012, 07:34 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Need a bit of help. Amnesia won't run.

You need to reinstall the copy you got from the Humble Bundle. By installing the Justine update you have actually downgraded your copy of Amnesia. Humble Bundle comes with at least version 1.2.1 of Amnesia. The Justine patch available for free on the internet is version 1.2 of Amnesia.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
06-28-2012, 07:54 AM
Website Find
Dubby Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Need a bit of help. Amnesia won't run.

(06-28-2012, 07:54 AM)Your Computer Wrote: You need to reinstall the copy you got from the Humble Bundle. By installing the Justine update you have actually downgraded your copy of Amnesia. Humble Bundle comes with at least version 1.2.1 of Amnesia. The Justine patch available for free on the internet is version 1.2 of Amnesia.
But see, the other problem is that the maps I do want to try to play require the Justine patch, but it wouldn't show up before. Do you think you could help with that?
06-28-2012, 11:08 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

If you mean didn't show up in the custom stories menu, custom stories don't need the Justine patch to show up in the custom stories menu. It is likely that the custom story came with installation instructions.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
06-28-2012, 11:41 AM
Website Find
Dubby Offline

(06-28-2012, 11:41 AM)Your Computer Wrote: If you mean didn't show up in the custom stories menu, custom stories don't need the Justine patch to show up in the custom stories menu. It is likely that the custom story came with installation instructions.
I understand that much, but the map I tried to put in said it required the Justine patch so I really don't know.
06-29-2012, 03:59 AM
Find