Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Key Keeps Glitching/Disappearing *SPOILER*
EChondo Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Key Keeps Glitching/Disappearing *SPOILER*

(06-29-2012, 12:00 PM)jamesclarke555 Wrote: I have a workaround that you could try, if you go to maps\main\ch01 and open 09_back_hall.hps in Notepad.

Find SetLevelDoorLocked("level_wood_4", true); and change the value to false. When you load the map the machine room door should be unlocked.

Hope it works out for you.
Thanks but...yeah you see the posts below :|

(06-29-2012, 01:04 PM)Apjjm Wrote: I played your save. It appears you have already collected the key and used it on the machine room door (the door is unlocked) - I'm guessing the glass jar re-spawns and the painting resets when you re-enter the guest room (but the key doesn't), which may be causing some confusion. You can just head on over to the machine room and it should already be open.

Try the following fix if the machine room door is locked for you:

Spoiler below!

open up your save file (the one you uploaded) in a text editor with line numbers (like notepad++) and go to line 18003 (or search "level_wood_4" and scroll up a little bit). You should see the following line:

If the line says "true" instead of "false" - change it so it says "false".

I don't play hours of the game at a time so sorry for wasting your time on this :/ Damn, now I have to find a way into that storage door...

(06-29-2012, 03:14 PM)Kein Wrote: No, I did not watch the video simply because I have flash plugin disabled and i haven't seen it in the post.

But I know game well to be aware of what are you talking about. More than that, I captured this "bug" (it is not exactly a bug but rather feature of the engine) in my video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...VY4#t=211s

And no, this key is for the machinery room, not for the storage.

Again, thanks guys! I swear I feel beyond retarded. I don't cheat when I play games like these and I was just stuck, now I have to find the way into the locked door!
06-29-2012, 08:12 PM
Find
Apjjm Offline
Is easy to say

Threads: 18

If the locked door is directly below the guest room / study then that is the way into the archive tunnels (where you got chased by the water lurker). The storage is (facing the snake fountain from the guest room) to the right (through the door at the opposite end of the hall to the elevator).
06-29-2012, 09:48 PM
Find
awsh Offline

Threads: 3

The door in storage is not openable. It leads to nothing, and is simply design. The key you got is for the machine room, by the elevator.
06-30-2012, 01:09 PM
Website Find