Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Help! The last few puzzles
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70
Help! The last few puzzles

Spoiler below!

I'm in the last few puzzles of the game, where you're in tuurngats mind or something. I'm stuck on the third or fourth puzzle.

The puzzle consists of several long corridors; with at least 1 wooden door that's too heavy to move.
There's also a stone block you can't lift but you can move.

My problem is when moving around the second corner, a man dies from a trap, and than I die soon after.

I did get to go past him once before; but died with the hand trap. But after revieving, I can't get past the part where you learned someone dies.

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
02-15-2008, 01:40 AM
Find
NeroAngelos Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Help! The last few puzzles

WindexGlow Wrote:
Spoiler below!

I'm in the last few puzzles of the game, where you're in tuurngats mind or something. I'm stuck on the third or fourth puzzle.

The puzzle consists of several long corridors; with at least 1 wooden door that's too heavy to move.
There's also a stone block you can't lift but you can move.

My problem is when moving around the second corner, a man dies from a trap, and than I die soon after.

I did get to go past him once before; but died with the hand trap. But after revieving, I can't get past the part where you learned someone dies.

Spoiler below!
Look for panels on the floor
02-15-2008, 01:49 AM
Find
Janakev Offline

Threads: 1

This is actually one of my favourite puzzles.
Spoiler below!
Reconsider what you are asked to do. Philip notes that he feels as if some part of him dies when that man dies; the Tuurngait note that the needs of the many, outweigh the life of just one. If that man is linked to you then...

That's the first hint, if you're still stuck:
Spoiler below!
The Tuurngait are essentially presenting with the scenario that you are a part of something greater than yourself, something that is made of both you and that other man. Together you are many and one of you must sacrafice yourselves to continue on.

Third hint:
Spoiler below!
You must find a way to prevent that man from killing himself, you've no doubt figured that out. When you respawn look behind you. There will be a pressure plate. Investigate what happens from that.

Fourth hint:
Spoiler below!
The pressure plate behind you controls the door just in front of you. Inside you will find another pressure plate and a switch. Experiment

Fifth hint:
Spoiler below!
The pressure plate within this small 'room' controls the door out which the other man runs. The switch temporarily holds open the door into the room you are now in when you remove the block that is on the pressure plate to open it. You must move the block outside onto the pressure plate inside, thus closing the door of the other mans cell. I think you know what needs to be done.

Final hint:
Spoiler below!
You are just one but with the other man you make many. You must sacrifice your life so that the many can continue. As counter-intuitive as that sounds you have to think like the Tuurngait: hive-mind is as natural to them as individualism is to us. If one of them must die so that the rest may live it is done without a moments thought.

Good luck!
02-15-2008, 01:51 AM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30

the last stage:

Spoiler below!
The last stage screwed me up, because the first time, I heard someone die (gamewise, that being a part of me), and I was able to advance up to the end where the button was. however, that killed me, and I tried to retrace my steps, but died each time I heard that scream.
took a while, but I did it differently, and passed it
02-15-2008, 11:22 PM
Find
MarcusStuhr Offline

Threads: 5

I think it would be better if they allowed you to go to the end every time -- otherwise it makes it too easy to pass. Once you realize that hearing the guy die is making it impossible to pass, that really leaves you with one other option. It would be better for the player to discover him/herself that sacrifice was the way to go.
02-16-2008, 01:06 AM
Find