Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The Ending [Reveled][Major Spoilers]
RBi Offline

Threads: 1
RE: The Ending [Reveled][Major Spoilers]

I think alot of ?s caused by FG's publishing problem — they wished to tell story in 3 chapters, but had to pack it to 2 parts. Anyway BOTH of GAMES are AWESOME. Now Frictional Games is one of the my fav. dev. studios. I wait for more projects from you, guys! Wink
02-23-2008, 07:22 PM
Find
Ogs Offline

Threads: 0

My oh my, what an absolutely freaking awesome game, right up my street ! I bought both games on Gamersgate and played them right after each other, best money ive spent in years. Not sure what to make of the ending, because throughout the game i was expecting it to be something a bit more.....down to earth, but its pretty cool to see a myth being used well :p Its a shame there wont be any more Penumbra Sad
02-24-2008, 01:49 AM
Find
kosta081287
Unregistered

See Admins we want MORE of this game make a third,forth,fifth episode games Smile

Its not fair there aren't more developers as you i love this game and its like drugs,once you started its addictive and its impossible to just quit we need it lol

Please consider doing something about it,after those games it reasnoble youll have bigger budget.

I want more of this awsome game.IT doesn't have to be penumbra it can be a diffrent story with the same physics and puzzels and everything the same xD
02-24-2008, 07:25 AM
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

Haha, they're probably going to continue the 'feel' of penumbra (and might have the same basic storyline, since they love HPL so much) but won't have the name name(s).

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
02-24-2008, 08:11 AM
Find
fraggot
Unregistered

I think the game was a bit rushed, which led the game to be short and an indescribable ending.

When the game just ended, I was kind of disappointed. For many reasons I've already stated and knowing that there will be no more games.
02-24-2008, 01:14 PM
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30

I kind of figured that Philip's father was dead because throughout both games, you never actually saw someone walking and talking; interacting with you.
02-24-2008, 06:49 PM
Find
bertle Offline

Threads: 0

I just want to know what was going on after you did the three tests.

So you're back in the examination room but there's no machine, or table, or computer on the first desk. The vents are shut up and all the doors are locked. Yet the computer you're using to send the email is real?

Nothing else seemed real so why believe the computer was anymore real? Was it possibly the final test and Philip failed it horribly? The walls started disappearing even before he betrayed the hive mind so I have no idea what was going on there but he seemed to be losing his memory as if his brain was just shutting down.

This is whats confusing me, was Philip really back in the room or still stuck in his head, or was he in the real world but partially hallucinating like what Clarence had been doing to him before by removing doors?

It strikes me that with the perception altering abilities of the Tuurngait we can never really know what really happend at the end, or even during the story as there is no clear line between objective reality and hallucination.
02-25-2008, 07:58 PM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30

sometimes I wonder if it's one of those "you make up the ending/sequences yourself".
maybe I didn't word that right.
02-26-2008, 02:04 AM
Find
Penumbra Offline

Threads: 7

In that case I say that Philip found a cell phone and called the amry to kill them all.
02-26-2008, 02:29 AM
Find
Doffy90 Offline

Threads: 10

I think the creators should issue a statement and give us a direct detailed article of the plot as people (including myself) are confused.

One thing that confuses me is that in Overture Philip says that human nature sealed his downfall or something but in the end of Black Plague Philip accepts the aliens and that ISNT his downfall...

PenumbrA

Pen = Pretty
Bra = Good

Norwegian version. :)
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2008, 11:16 PM by swebarb.)
02-28-2008, 11:11 PM
Find