Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
editor save glitch
EXAWOLT Offline

Threads: 14
editor save glitch

hi there, ive used the editor for a long time, but now randomly, at the new story im making, thing didnt save.
i have no caches, but why is it not saving?

simply nuff said

(This post was last modified: 07-04-2012, 12:01 AM by EXAWOLT.)
07-02-2012, 06:40 PM
Find
DaAinGame Offline

Threads: 11
RE: editor save glitch

I have a somewhat similar issue. Where are you trying to save the files to? For me, my computer doesn't think I have access to save/edit files in the amnesia directory, so I have to save the files to my desktop, THEN transfer them over into the custom story folder. If you're saving directly into your amnesia folder, it may be worth a try saving it to your desktop. If it still doesn't work, maybe check to see if there is a newer version of the level editor. If you have been using it for that long, it may have finally went out of date.

Realm Of Another Chapter 1: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-14142.html
Realm Of Another Chapter 2: Postponed
Adder Halls: 5%
07-02-2012, 10:19 PM
Find
ZyLogicX Offline

Threads: 24

Your changes have been saved, but HPL2 made an .cache file (used for back-ups)

When testing your story, it will not represent any progress you made.

To fix this, go to your Amnesia story folder; in the folder 'maps'. (where your .hps and .map files are located) should be another file called .map_cache. Simply delete the particular file and all shall be good.

@DaAinGame
It has absolutely nothing to do with the possibility of an 'oudated' HPL2 engine.

ZyLogicX

Beyond the Mountains of Madness [15%]
This forum is dying.
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2012, 04:26 PM by ZyLogicX.)
07-03-2012, 04:23 PM
Find
EXAWOLT Offline

Threads: 14

there is no caches, but i found out, if i open the scene in mapview, it will appear in the game

simply nuff said

07-04-2012, 12:03 AM
Find