Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Card "Unsupported" and Crashing
hfa2010 Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago Exclamation  Card "Unsupported" and Crashing

Hi guys, here is the thing:
I bought Amnesia via humblebundle V some time ago and i could play just one time Amnesia. The problem seem located in two things, being the first graphic drivers. I started to use(because of Amnesia) the xorg-edgers(my graphic card is a Intel HD 3000 - 256 MB) and in the first time that i updated the drivers the Amnesia could run, but then on, yet i updating the drivers Amnesia won't run again, always crahing in the first Loading moment after the logo's apresentations. And this lead me to the secund thing stoping me of play The Dark Descent that is some kind of control of the game running or not, accordingly to the detection of the Graphic Card in the game launch menu. Why i think of it? Well, it's because i just ran it full graphics without any lags or any other problems in gameplay. And i want so bad to play the game, but i wouldn't because of this "technical barricade". Unless there's another explanation for it. I fought of that too because i see this happen when another few games on Windows too. Like PES 2012 and FIFA 12. PES refuse to start, FIFA not.
07-02-2012, 08:25 PM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago RE: Card "Unsupported" and Crashing

My initial guess is when you updated your drivers you somehow lost the S3TC support (libdxt_txcn). By default S3TC is disabled in the open source drivers (due to software patents). I would first check there.. Also post your hpl.log file that is generated from running Amnesia. (located on ~/.frictionalgames/Amnesia/Main/ )

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
07-02-2012, 08:37 PM
Website Find
hfa2010 Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago RE: Card "Unsupported" and Crashing

(07-02-2012, 08:37 PM)Urkle Wrote: My initial guess is when you updated your drivers you somehow lost the S3TC support (libdxt_txcn). By default S3TC is disabled in the open source drivers (due to software patents). I would first check there.. Also post your hpl.log file that is generated from running Amnesia. (located on ~/.frictionalgames/Amnesia/Main/ )

.log   hpl.log (Size: 9.61 KB / Downloads: 173)

Well, this worked for me:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2014645
Anyway thanks for the help, i only found this fix with you speaking of S3TC... Thanks!
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2012, 09:09 PM by hfa2010.)
07-02-2012, 08:56 PM
Find