Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Crash after Chemical Storage, need save game or help!
videnthecoldone Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Crash after Chemical Storage, need save game or help!

Hello. I'm sorry if this is a repost, i did see some other threads about issues after leaving the chemical storage room but they were quite old and really of no help to me. SO! I leave the chemical storage room and Clarence starts on about his bit about taking me with him and not only does the game crash but my entire PC seems to lock up as well. I've downloaded the patches and hotfixes, updated my graphics drivers, set everything to low etc, but it keeps doing it so If anyone has a save game after going to the chemical storage room i'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
07-06-2012, 03:35 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Crash after Chemical Storage, need save game or help!

Have you tried loading an earlier save and play from there? Where is the game from?
07-06-2012, 07:31 AM
Website Find
videnthecoldone Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Crash after Chemical Storage, need save game or help!

(07-06-2012, 07:31 AM)jens Wrote: Have you tried loading an earlier save and play from there? Where is the game from?

The game was a gift from my friend for my b-day, it's a collection of the 3 games. I did try loading an earlier save but i'm not quite sure how far back i should go. I've read that the crash can happen by doing things in a particular order so i'd like to know what NOT to do before i go back a fair distance to make sure it doesn't happen again.

I don't know if this matters, but it doesn't seem to be only the game that crashes, but the entire computer seems to freeze. The hard drive light stays lit and doesn't blink and everything becomes unresponsive. I've never had any kind of issues with the first game and none with the second until this point. Would it make any difference trying on a different computer? Right now i'm running it on my laptop with the following specs:

AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core QL-62 2.00Ghz
3GB RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit
Nvidia 9100M G

I have a desktop with the following:

Intel Pentium D 3.4Ghz Dual Core
3GB RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit
Nvidia 9800GTX+
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2012, 12:55 PM by videnthecoldone.)
07-06-2012, 12:09 PM
Find