Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diary Not Working
HoyChampoy Offline

Threads: 16
Diary Not Working

Hey guys. So I put a diary into my map and I did everything a video tutorial told me to do but its not working out right. What i wanted was that when the player picked up the diary, i wanted the diary to open up, have someone narrating it, and music playing all at the same time. The problem is that none of it works except for the music playing. When i pick up the diary paper, it doesn't open up and the voice reading the text doesn't play. I don't understand what's going on. I know it's possible to do this. So, I though I would just post my lang info and stuff just so you guys can see it.
  • I used a diary paper in leveleditor
  • the name of the paper is diary_1
  • the diarytext in the entity tab is called DiaryOne
  • Here's what it looks like in the englishlang:
  • <Entry Name = "Diary_DiaryOne_Name1">Strange Things</Entry>
  • <Entry Name = "Diary_DiaryOne_Text1">[voice Strange_Things.ogg][br]22nd of October 1895[br][br]My stay here at Molina Mansion has not been a welcomed one so far. Strange things have been occurring lately. As I walk through the corridors, I constantly get the feeling that someone or perhaps something is watching me from behind. I have noticed I keep misplacing my belongings. Sometimes, I feel as if someone picked it up and placed it somewhere else, just to confound me. [newpage]
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2012, 03:56 AM by HoyChampoy.)
07-13-2012, 03:55 AM
Find
Zaari Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Diary Not Working

There's no </Entry> at the end of text1. I also don't think that [newpage] is a command, it was never used in the original game, unless you're just showing that a new page is supposed to be there.

"Marzipan, darling."
07-13-2012, 04:42 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Diary Not Working

[new_page] isn't used for diaries. I would rather see the entries within context before trying to figure out what the issue is. Also, check if the hpl.log as anything to say about it.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2012, 06:46 AM by Your Computer.)
07-13-2012, 06:46 AM
Website Find