Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Obscurity - An Amnesia Custom Story
Obsidiaguy Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Obscurity - An Amnesia Custom Story

Thanks Johnbox!

Voice actor always looking for work!
Check out my Portfolio
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2012, 02:16 AM by Obsidiaguy.)
08-26-2012, 02:16 AM
Find
johnbox Offline

Threads: 5

@obsidiaguy, are you doing that just for fun, or are you doing it professionally? so, did you take speaking lessons, or however you call that in english?

sorry for that little bit off-topic._.

Working on a full conv.-mod, first pictures coming soon...

Working with Blender and other Stuff since 2009.
Using HPL-Engine since 2012 (learning..)
08-26-2012, 02:45 AM
Find
Obsidiaguy Offline

Threads: 2

I'm just doing it for fun, but hoping to do it professionally. I haven't taken any acting lessons if that's what you mean. I really started pursuing voice acting further when I saw all the bad voice acting in independent games, to be honest. It offended me to see so little effort being put into voicing, and having mods suffer because of it. I'm not professional, but I try my best.

I'm glad to be able to voice a bit in ElectricRed's custom story. It'll be one of the first projects that I'll have done. He's great to work with and knows what he wants. TGST did some killer music so far as well, and it'll be cool to be a part of the same mod.

Voice actor always looking for work!
Check out my Portfolio
08-26-2012, 03:28 AM
Find
johnbox Offline

Threads: 5

(08-26-2012, 03:28 AM)Obsidiaguy Wrote: I'm just doing it for fun, but hoping to do it professionally. I haven't taken any acting lessons if that's what you mean. I really started pursuing voice acting further when I saw all the bad voice acting in independent games, to be honest. It offended me to see so little effort being put into voicing, and having mods suffer because of it. I'm not professional, but I try my best.

I'm glad to be able to voice a bit in ElectricRed's custom story. It'll be one of the first projects that I'll have done. He's great to work with and knows what he wants. TGST did some killer music so far as well, and it'll be cool to be a part of the same mod.
oh, ok. good luck getting professional. in my opinion you definitely have the potential for this! :)

Working on a full conv.-mod, first pictures coming soon...

Working with Blender and other Stuff since 2009.
Using HPL-Engine since 2012 (learning..)
08-26-2012, 03:37 AM
Find
LoganForrests Offline

Threads: 0

(08-25-2012, 03:14 PM)ElectricRed Wrote:
(08-25-2012, 03:06 PM)LoganForrests Wrote: Good luck with this project, it sounds like it's coming along pretty well. I love the main theme you have composed. It paints a lot of pictures, so it'll be nice to see how it fits in. I'm looking forward to it's release.

Just don't forget about that schoolwork. You can't push that back, but you can delay this a little longer to focus on what's important.

Not sure if you've decided or not, but I probably wouldn't bother with a playable demo. Those only really serve as a means of testing before you buy. The only times I check a demo is either because the full game is pricey - I want to make sure it's worth the price - or to make sure it can run on my pc well enough. A game play trailer might work better, though, which I assume you'll be working on anyway.
I take no credit for the main theme, that is TGST's work. (He's composing the soundtrack.)

Yeah, I've decided not to do a demo since it would only take up time. As for the trailer, I have the clips but I need to finish the monster noises before I can upload it unfortunately. D:
Ah, my apologies. I had left out a word that changed the phrasing of the post (trying to do too many things at once does that). It was supposed to hint at a good choice of music, with the extended "good work" to the composer.

The original post has been edited to reflect the mistake.

Obsidiaguy Wrote:I'm just doing it for fun, but hoping to do it professionally. I haven't taken any acting lessons if that's what you mean. I really started pursuing voice acting further when I saw all the bad voice acting in independent games, to be honest. It offended me to see so little effort being put into voicing, and having mods suffer because of it. I'm not professional, but I try my best.

All it takes is a good bit of effort, usually. That, and a want to actually do it. I think some people do it because it seems "cool and fun" and appears to take the least amount of energy and effort, despite the fact that it requires quite a bit of both to do it well. Anyone can say a few words, but not everyone can put the right emotion into it.

Awesome portfolio you have there, too (I love the Pork Roast sample). I think you'll do alright if it pursue it with the enthusiasm you demonstrate there. /end off-topic bit
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2012, 01:50 PM by LoganForrests.)
08-28-2012, 01:40 PM
Find
ElectricRed Offline

Threads: 13

Here's a gameplay clip of Obscurity! You can hear the monster noises created by ObsidiaGuy, and the music created by TGST. Please note that I had a bit of trouble implementing the noises, so a couple of the noises are still from the grunt.

Enjoy!

[Image: 9lkjf4.jpg]

09-03-2012, 06:41 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

Hey, props to you ElectricRed, and your helpers! That looks, and sounds great. The sounds were quite creepy in my opinion.

A small "logic typo" though in my opinion though:

The memento he got said the "Lock was weak, and some acid should be able to melt through." I think this makes full sense because he has no idea that there is usable acid somewhere to melt through the lock with. What he should say is: "The lock looks weak, I might be able to find some way to break it." This sounds much more logical.

^Purely assumption of course. If your story has demands otherwise feel feel to correct me Smile

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2012, 06:56 PM by Kreekakon.)
09-03-2012, 06:48 PM
Find
ElectricRed Offline

(09-03-2012, 06:48 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: Hey, props to you ElectricRed, and your helpers! That looks, and sounds great. The sounds were quite creepy in my opinion.

All small "logic typo" though in my opinion though:

The memento he got said the "Lock was weak, and some acid should be able to melt through." I think this doesn't make full sense because he has no idea that there is usable acid somewhere to melt through the lock with. What he should say is: "The lock looks weak, I might be able to find some way to break it." This sounds much more logical.

^Purely assumption of course. If your story has demands otherwise feel feel to correct me Smile
Haha, I knew someone would point that out! It's something I'm definitely going to change, and simply forgot to do so before recording the clip. Thanks! Big Grin

09-03-2012, 06:53 PM
Find
ElectricRed Offline

It's been almost a month since the last update. Progress is still consistent, and at the moment I only have one more map to make. Then I can move on to the debugging stage, and maybe change some things around to make the story more cohesive. For now, here's a screenshot.

[Image: Amnesia_2012_09_29_10_53_16_09.jpg]

09-29-2012, 04:58 PM
Find
ElectricRed Offline

I made a trailer! I'm trying extremely hard not to give anything away, so it's quite vague. Enjoy though! 2nd and 3rd songs were composed by TGST.

11-16-2012, 06:08 AM
Find