Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: It is
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Shit.
87.88%
29 87.88%
I like it.
12.12%
4 12.12%
Total 33 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Why i think call of duty is shit.
wolfmaster1231 Offline

Threads: 43
RE: Why i think call of duty is shit.

(07-15-2012, 03:59 PM)Robosprog Wrote:
(07-15-2012, 02:45 PM)Bridge Wrote:
(07-15-2012, 01:56 PM)Robosprog Wrote:
(07-15-2012, 01:31 PM)Bridge Wrote:
(07-15-2012, 01:03 PM)Robosprog Wrote: If we ignore Cod2 and 4's progress as I was referring from after 4 that's not a whole lot changed other than World at War, hell, they added the same technology twice and we don't even know if Black Ops 2 will keep those features, games have promised before technologies that never made it into the actual game. (fable)
A couple of lighting tweaks and texture streaming (added twice, wut) isn't what I'd call major changes, and in terms of what you can actually see, yes, it effectively is, hell, it was proven by Palistov screenshots earlier, the scenery (buildings forest both barely changing in terms of texture, quality etc).

Infact, quite a few of the features that are anywhere near major were added recently when other engines have had them for years.
Back in 2004 when Valve said they were going to utilize HDR technology in Half-Life 2 it was big news and they even created a new mod just to show it off. Not the first to do it but I am fairly certain it was a first for a 3D game.

CoD may be late to the party when it comes to some of these advanced lighting features but that doesn't mean it isn't complicated to implement them and they did it on an engine that didn't support them natively.

P.S. The reason why they introduced texture streaming twice is because if you look closely Black Ops actually uses the World at War IW 3.0 engine, now IW 4.0. As I said, I'm not a fan of Infinity Ward at all, but I recognize that the new CoD games are well made.
First off, ignoring the engine talk.. well made? I seriously hope you don't mean in the design sense as I could pick out a hundred flaws in the game.

Anyway, didn't notice that, and complicated or not, being late to the party by about five years or whatever is still inexcusable.
We can't ignore the engine talk because that's all I'm talking about. I only briefly played CoD 4 at an internet cafe and MW2 at a friend's house for an hour or so and I found it to be satisfying enough. Not something I'd choose to play because I'm into more strategical shooters but everything worked and looked like it was supposed to. I disagree with the design on a fundamental level though, and it most certainly is unbalanced. But a lot of work went into the engine and you need to accept that. I don't know where people get off undermining other people's work. I'm also not a fan of CGI overuse but I've done 3D modeling before and it's a lot of hard work and you need to put in a lot of time for relatively small results. The things some of these animators do is simply amazing on a technical level and I appreciate that. It's not like they "just did it in a computer", because drawing these things by hand would have been a hundred times quicker. I just disagree with CGI on an artistic level when it is used for no real reason.
First off, I'm tired of this argument, that's why I really can't be arsed to go on, neither of us will change our opinions, so it's pointless. And "a lot of work went into the engine" Hm, well they must be shit at their jobs then, if it's so outdated compared to other engines.
I agree

07-15-2012, 04:01 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

Is it me or Americans really, really want an excuse to go to war against Russia? I mean come the fuck on! almost every war game and even movies haves the Russians as the villains for no reason at all. its ridiculous and sometimes i think it is even offensive, its unimaginative, unoriginal and still they always use them as the "bad guys". its like the U.S is planning to attack Russia so they made a bunch of video games to train kids to go to war... its fucking stupid.
07-17-2012, 02:58 PM
Website Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

(07-17-2012, 02:58 PM)Danny Boy Wrote: Is it me or Americans really, really want an excuse to go to war against Russia? I mean come the fuck on! almost every war game and even movies haves the Russians as the villains for no reason at all. its ridiculous and sometimes i think it is even offensive, its unimaginative, unoriginal and still they always use them as the "bad guys". its like the U.S is planning to attack Russia so they made a bunch of video games to train kids to go to war... its fucking stupid.
Actually it's simply because the russians are too bad-ass to give a shit, go to war against another country in a game and there will surely be an uproar by someone.
07-17-2012, 03:06 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(07-17-2012, 02:58 PM)Danny Boy Wrote: Is it me or Americans really, really want an excuse to go to war against Russia? I mean come the fuck on! almost every war game and even movies haves the Russians as the villains for no reason at all. its ridiculous and sometimes i think it is even offensive, its unimaginative, unoriginal and still they always use them as the "bad guys". its like the U.S is planning to attack Russia so they made a bunch of video games to train kids to go to war... its fucking stupid.
Because the Cold War is still relatively fresh in memory… it's only been two decades since it ended. WWI ended almost a century ago and people are still making movies about it.

EDIT: Though I'm not talking exclusively about Cold War movies, it's just easy to make them the enemy in movies because for a long time they actually were "the enemy".
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2012, 04:08 PM by Bridge.)
07-17-2012, 04:06 PM
Find
Kazakarumariou Away
An angry man.

Threads: 8

The players make the game bad.
1.) Too many kids with mics
2.) People play for the "VICTORY" screen
3.) boosting
4.) trolling
5.) Camping
6.) using only the best guns
7.) The killsteaks are stupid because if you're already winning why make them win even more?
07-17-2012, 06:16 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

(07-17-2012, 04:06 PM)Bridge Wrote:
Because the Cold War is still relatively fresh in memory… it's only been two decades since it ended. WWI ended almost a century ago and people are still making movies about it.

EDIT: Though I'm not talking exclusively about Cold War movies, it's just easy to make them the enemy in movies because for a long time they actually were "the enemy".
No Offense but I think that excuse is bad. Portugal (the country were I live) as been in wars against Spain since Portugal declared independence... one time Portugal even lost its independence to them! but now in present days we are over it! but still we are not constantly making movies about how much Spain was a dick! its silly and the only thing those movies make its to make people (for example Americans) to see people from Russia, Arabia, Afghanistan, Iran and a lot others as if they were all terrorists or just idiots, and this leads to really unpleasant conversations were they refuse to listen to reason. I know this is mostly the younger and dumber American people saying this but i am still worried that the next generation of people are still brainwashed by idiots, making people see every "Enemy" and "Ex-Enemy" country's population as jealous stereotypical terrorists.

Its insulting and pitiful.
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2012, 08:17 PM by Danny Boy.)
07-17-2012, 08:16 PM
Website Find
Kazakarumariou Away
An angry man.

Threads: 8

It's just a stupid unrealistic video game.

This is going to lead to nothing but "endless bitching" that will lead to Traggey being the only mature one closing the thread.
I joined the forums recently thinking this is going to be just a place to make my day better and just for laughs just like the other forums I go to, but this one is nothing but arguing, creating enemies. Instead of this really serious post can't you make a funny one?
I thought judging by the title thread this thread is going to be full of lols.
07-17-2012, 08:29 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

(07-17-2012, 08:29 PM)Harthex Wrote:

It's just a stupid unrealistic video game.

This is going to lead to nothing but "endless bitching" that will lead to Traggey being the only mature one closing the thread.
I joined the forums recently thinking this is going to be just a place to make my day better and just for laughs just like the other forums I go to, but this one is nothing but arguing, creating enemies. Instead of this really serious post can't you make a funny one?
I thought judging by the title thread this thread is going to be full of lols.
Sure there are funny threads... for example http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-14634.html

but recently we were more into serious conversations... so what? in a few months we will go back to complete nonsense.

so don't worry!
07-17-2012, 08:46 PM
Website Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(07-17-2012, 08:16 PM)Danny Boy Wrote:

No Offense but I think that excuse is bad. Portugal (the country were I live) as been in wars against Spain since Portugal declared independence... one time Portugal even lost its independence to them! but now in present days we are over it! but still we are not constantly making movies about how much Spain was a dick! its silly and the only thing those movies make its to make people (for example Americans) to see people from Russia, Arabia, Afghanistan, Iran and a lot others as if they were all terrorists or just idiots, and this leads to really unpleasant conversations were they refuse to listen to reason. I know this is mostly the younger and dumber American people saying this but i am still worried that the next generation of people are still brainwashed by idiots, making people see every "Enemy" and "Ex-Enemy" country's population as jealous stereotypical terrorists.

It's a fucking video game.

Posting Freak
07-17-2012, 08:58 PM
Website Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

(07-17-2012, 08:58 PM)Kman Wrote:
(07-17-2012, 08:16 PM)Danny Boy Wrote:

It's a fucking video game.
yea it is. but what i am worried about its the whole combination of movies and video games where CoD is one of them.
07-17-2012, 09:08 PM
Website Find