Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How can I change the folder where the game puts the save games?
sebYB Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Question  How can I change the folder where the game puts the save games?

I installed Amnesia on the 'D' drive of my computer. However, the game created a folder in 'C/users/<account>/Amnesia/Main'. This was annoying, but it didn't really matter at the time, so I played the game.
But eventually, my 'C' drive ran completely out of room, so it wouldn't save anymore, so when I moved the 'Amnesia' folder into the 'D' drive, the game had no idea where to look for the folder, so it acted like I had never played it before, and there were no save games. So I was wondering if anyone had any idea how I could change the settings to make the game save games into the 'Amnesia' folder that's in the 'D' drive. Thanks!
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2012, 06:50 PM by sebYB.)
07-19-2012, 06:31 PM
Find
mak36 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: How can I change the folder where the game puts the save games?

I don't know if it will work try this:
go to documents/amnesia and create a folder called save
go to amnesia game directory and go to config then open with bloc notes the files ptest_main_init and main_init.
edit on those the ''MainSaveFolder = ''Main'' to ''MainSaveFolder = ''Save'' or whatever you called the folder.
It might not work i didn't tried it.
07-19-2012, 07:20 PM
Find
sebYB Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: How can I change the folder where the game puts the save games?

EDIT
It turns out it might not be about the room on the 'C'. Actually, all I have been able to tell so far is that the game just stopped saving (see my previous thread). I have tried 'repairing' the game with InstallShield Wizard, but that didn't work. So I'm at a dead end here. Really need help!
(This post was last modified: 07-20-2012, 11:04 AM by sebYB.)
07-19-2012, 07:26 PM
Find