Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steam Problem, any help would be grand!
SerenadeShotgun Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago Graphics Card Help!

Okay, so for starters, and i can't stress this enough; I am NOT exactly computer savvy. I really don't know that much, so it may be frustrating helping me. But basically, I've been able to play the Penumbra series, but I cannot run Amnesia. I ran a check to see if I could play it, but my video card doesn't meet the requirements. I downloaded the demo to try, on lowest settings, but just got a black screen. So here's what I'm working with;

CPU Speed: I have 3.1 GHz
RAM: I have 8.1 GB.
OS: I have Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601) 64 bit
and the video card i have is Intel® HD Graphics Family

So essentially I'd just like to know which graphics card would work with my computer, and could run amnesia well, and preferably a good quality one, but not too expensive, the cheaper the better! So if any more information is necessary I'll do my best to give it, and any help would be greatly appreciated, I really want to get into Amnesia!
07-10-2012, 12:04 PM
Find
CrazyShootin Offline

Threads: 3
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago RE: Graphics Card Help!

Update the drivers for your graphics card. I had a similar problem with a game a couple of years ago, and that was related to the drivers. Just go into the control panel - computer units and go to your GC and tell it to find new updates automatically.

07-10-2012, 12:51 PM
Website Find
SerenadeShotgun Offline

I've actually tried that as well. It tells me my drivers are up to date and everything!
07-10-2012, 08:40 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

check the stcky guides and update using the have disk method
07-11-2012, 01:34 PM
Find
SerenadeShotgun Offline

See like, again computers are not my thing, and I've been racking my brain trying to do that, but I have no clue what "stcky guides" are; or how to update that way. D:
07-13-2012, 02:46 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

the important threads at the Technical Support forum
07-15-2012, 10:09 PM
Find
SerenadeShotgun Offline

Okay so using the important threads, I also tried to update with the have disk method. But no set of drivers from intel's download center appears to be compatible with my computer! I always get the warning that I should not go through with the installation, because the device may not function properly. It's also said that for my specific computer I may have to get the drivers from the manufacturer's site, which for me would be hp. but they only have one driver update available for me, and it's the one i already have, which is dated like sometime in 2011. again; i'm really new with computers, but so far I'm seeing no way for me to update these damn drivers.
07-16-2012, 04:20 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

use the 2622 drivers since Intel has f* up their latest drivers
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2012, 04:39 PM by plutomaniac.)
07-16-2012, 04:38 PM
Find
SerenadeShotgun Offline

these drivers work! aha yes! thank you so much for all the help, now i can finally play! seriously, thank you so much Big Grin
07-16-2012, 05:39 PM
Find
SerenadeShotgun Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago Steam Problem, any help would be grand!

okay so, yes this is a problem i am having with STEAM. i just already tried asking steam for help, and still have no answers, so i figured why not ask you guys here.
Okay so this is a weird problem I've had every once and awhile. It's happened before, but gone away, and yeah, I'm really not sure why. It always seems to happen after I play Penumbra or Amnesia; although those are the only games I've played. But anyways, what happens is Steam will be running, and open, I run windows 7, and so on the bottom, on the taskbar Steam will be there. I can even hover my mouse over the icon, and it'll preview a little display of what I should be seeing when i click it. But when i click the icon, it never opens. I've tried ending the program, starting it again, I've tried the repair thing with the installer. and i also ran the repair command prompt, but still I simply can't see anything. So I can't access the store, or my library, or anything. What should I do?
Also: noticed that if i click the little icon in the bottom right for steam, and it displays a little list of what you can open, i can open things like settings, and friends. but anything that opens in the actual steam program like the store, library, will open, but i still can't look at it...
again, i know this isn't really about anything with frictional games, but i'm really out of options here, so any help would be greatly appreciated!
07-20-2012, 08:44 PM
Find